Komodo: Probably The Best Diving in the World

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jgros79

Registered
Reaction score
I've been diving all over the world with over 1,000 dives and Komodo Park in Indonesia is by far the most amazing diving I have done yet. In one week I saw lots of mantas, sharks, turtles, huge tuna's and we saw pygmy seahorses along with mandarin fish. There are ripping currents on some of the sites but the coral is untouched and there are schools of large fish every where. I dove on a live-aboard which is probably the best way to dive Komodo Park because the dive sites are so far apart. I dove on a boat called Moana, over all a good boat.

I agree. komodo has it all even currents. though this post could be spam? I dove with local guy Chundo at CNDivers which was amazing and dirt cheap around $100 a day but it is every every budget. However we were 3 and the other two people were inscurtors wo we got to dive any site any time for as long as we wanted which was amazing.

I agree. I did a 10 day liveaboard trip to Komodo 2.5 months ago. We had everything from muck diving to crystal blue water dives. Marine live diversity was incredible. At almost every dive site, we were the only dive boat. The hard and soft corals were in pristine condition due to the lack of divers. Check out the highlight video of my trip aboard World Wide Dive and Sail's Indo Siren here:

[vimeo]25071064[/vimeo]

I totally agree too... I went diving the Komodo National Park last year from Labuan Bajo (with Reefseekers) It was just AMAZING and I think the best dives ever too (with Raja Ampat and French Polynesia). Clear Water, Big Fishes, Manta Rays, Wondeful Coral and alone underwater!!! I really want to get back there, I will try to go on a liveaboard this time. I saw this great website about scuba diving in the Komodo Islands: Diving in Komodo Island - Divezone.net with also other good ideas for other trips. Happy Bubbles.

Update: The diving is still pretty good in Komodo Park but over the last two years there has been alot of dynamite fishing which the park rangers have yet to stop. There are many good boats and some pretty bad companies around Komodo Park so shop around. I would also no longer recommend Moana anymore. Enjoy your diving!

Update: The diving is still pretty good in Komodo Park but over the last two years there has been alot of dynamite fishing which the park rangers have yet to stop. There are many good boats and some pretty bad companies around Komodo Park so shop around. I would also no longer recommend Moana anymore. Enjoy your diving!
Is it no longer as good as it was the first time you were there?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom