Komodo - Nusa Tara

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jcclink

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone been on the Nusa Tara to dive Komodo? Looking for comments about boat, how they run dives, etc.

jcclink:
Has anyone been on the Nusa Tara to dive Komodo? Looking for comments about boat, how they run dives, etc.

JCCLINK,
Komodo National Park located between Sumbawa and Flores island. There are several operator base in Bali and some in Labuan Bajo, West Flores.
Please visit http://www.komodonationalpark.org , it has link to dive operators in Komodo

jcclink:

Is this one of the Grand Komodo boats ?

frogfish:
Is this one of the Grand Komodo boats ?

It is one of the boats from Grand Komodo. I am actually searching for a LOB Komodo and this is the cheapest found which is non-aircond.

Had you dive with them on board another boat? I am sure interested to know the sites they are taking us.

Thanks

I dove with Grand Komodo in the past but on one of their bigger boats, so I am not sure about Nusa Tara. I found the dive guide to be excellent and knows the area very well. Harry was my diveguide. Food was plenty and was actually quite good. The boat is basic but comfortable. We had 4 dives everyday. The crews were very friendly as well.

Peter Lim:
It is one of the boats from Grand Komodo. I am actually searching for a LOB Komodo and this is the cheapest found which is non-aircond.

Had you dive with them on board another boat? I am sure interested to know the sites they are taking us.

Thanks

I dived with them a couple of years ago; the boat was called Tarata I believe. They took us to all the well known sites of the North (tatawa, crystal rock, GPS and many others) but we did not get to the famous southerm sites as water temperature there was 22C and apparently Viz. less than 5 metres.

I dived the South on an other trip with an other boat and you really need to make sure that you get there ! Cannibal Rock, Yellow Wall and Langkoi (other name is Manta Alley) are absolutely amazing in my opinion.

Yes, South Rinca definitely was worth the visit. Harry, the dive guide I had from Grand Komodo seemed to knwo the area very well. When I told him that I wanted to see pgymy seahorse, at Cannibal Rock, he took me right down to 40m, wasted very little time to find and showed me 2 different kinds of pgymy seahorses before we had to do our slow ascend. Water temp was about 21C when I was there last August, a bit too cold for 3mm wetsuit with hood. Viz was about 15-20m. Hopefully I will prepare better next time when I go there. Unfortunately, after the dive at Cannibal Rock, the rest of the group voted to go back up North to the warmer water instead of doing Crinoid Wall as scheduled originally.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom