Komodo Liveaboard with non-divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chf

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, we just booked a spontaneous trip to Indonesia. I'd like to do some diving in Komodo, wife and kid don't dive, but enjoy snorkelling. Are there any recommendations for liveaboards that cater to divers and non divers? The ones I find when googling are either or.

Most of Komodo’s dive sites are not snorkeller friendly. Cheaper option may be to stay at Scuba Junkies off LBJ. You take the full day boat trip and return by evening while your family snorkels the house reef.

Non-diver supplement on LOBs are expensive (when you think about how many extra dives you put in for the same fee … ).

However I am sure other regulars here will recommend better alternative locations than Komodo for a family friendly dive+snorkel vacation.

Hi. :) I have been recently in Komodo in May, diving with Manta Rhei. Incredible experience! They had exactly this option - for divers and for non-divers (family members or friends).

Hope it helps.

Reactions: chf
Thanks everyone! I realise it might not be the most economical thing to do, but I think it would be fun and the options mentioned here look good!

We went in summer 2022 with Wunderpus Mimic liveaboard.
Our daughter was snorkeling and son, husband and I diving. They sent a snorkeling guide just for her.

Told our friends to go with Mimic for their snorkeling trip and they loved it as well.

We went in summer 2022 with Wunderpus Mimic liveaboard.
Our daughter was snorkeling and son, husband and I diving. They sent a snorkeling guide just for her.

Told our friends to go with Mimic for their snorkeling trip and they loved it as well.
Big saving.

Most of Komodo’s dive sites are not snorkeller friendly. Cheaper option may be to stay at Scuba Junkies off LBJ. You take the full day boat trip and return by evening while your family snorkels the house reef.

Non-diver supplement on LOBs are expensive (when you think about how many extra dives you put in for the same fee … ).

However I am sure other regulars here will recommend better alternative locations than Komodo for a family friendly dive+snorkel vacation.
Yep...Bali. Particularly Amed or Padang Bai.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom