Komodo liveaboard on Felicia or Feliana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is the live-aboard company I use and can recommend. They pioneered the diving in the Komodo area http://www.komodoalordive.com/. I have no financial interest in this company. Just a satisfied customer. dawhale

Hi Dawhale,

I heard a lot of good thing regarding this operator. May I know how many divers can Nusa Tara carries?

The website is not very clear and has very little details about the boat.

Thank you

I just came back from a week on Felicia.
Felicia and feliana are operated by the same company. Felicia is bigger. It is a rather new boat. Very nice.
I guess you had information about the boats from the website. On Felicia there are 6 cabins that can accomodate 2 people each. Every cabin has AC (more or less), and its own bathroom and toilet. One important info however on the Felicia. There was a problem with the exhaust pipe of the engine and the cabins. In clear, the cabins were full of smoke, and smelt gasoline, which made them rather useless for sleeping. Nevertheless, I enjoyed so much sleeping on the deck and watching the milky way and the stars whenever I would wake up during the night, that I did not really care. But make sure that this problem was fixed, or that you get a discount, before coming on board...:wink:
The crew was very friendly, and pro. One strange thing is that the crew did not want to sail at night. :huh: Hence, avoid long legs in your program.
We were 6 adults and 4 kids ( 9 to 14 years old), divers and non divers. Each of us was delighted by the trip. I think September is still a good time to travel around Komodo. The islands might not be very green though. No worry, it's gonna be a wonderful trip.:14:
Dive wise, it was great! World class. But beware of the whirlpools and currents! So make sure the guide knows the sites.
Lucky you.

Does that mean all of you couldnt sleep in the cabins? I have already booked the boat!

Thanks Nut Bubblefish

I will b diving in komodo in couple of weeks time.i don't really know which carrier my club is using. but i'll let u know after i comeback . bye.

Liangness:
Does that mean all of you couldnt sleep in the cabins? I have already booked the boat!

Thanks Nut Bubblefish
Only one of us kept sleeping in his cabin. We looked at him as a heroe!
Seriously, the smoke and smell were really unpleasant. One night when there was rain and we had to find a way to sleep inside. My kids slept in the galley, and I slept in their cabin. Poor me: I was facing the captain's cabin, and he was snoring like no one I have ever met!!. :11: Few hours later, rain was gone, and I was back on the deck.

Now that you have booked the boat, I suggest that you address the issue upfront and ask if the misconception problem was fixed. All of us mentioned it on the Satisfaction questionnaire that the captain asked us to fill at the end of the trip. There is nothing as a surprise to them on that one.

Last tip: if you dive with the same guide as us (Dominique), bring a dozen of good quality O rings for the tanks. His are cheap sh..... and burst so easily that I thought it was coming from my first stage. It was checked a couple of days , and it is all good......
Finally if you intend to do night dives, bring your own torch. They have none.

Have fun.:D

Guys, I am also not commercialized, but I'll try to keep a unbiased opinion..
Both dive operators that u mentioned above are good. Lots of my friends and also my club are using them.
Depending on your budget and goal, u might want to choose your LOB vessel wisely.

Now having said that, I am actually organizing a trip to KOMODO this coming 22-28Oct with Seasafari III vessel.
The price for LOB with this vessel is more expensive (or same) compare with the other two competitors. mainly because it is more luxurious and spacious.
However, since the owner of the vessel is a good friend of mine, he gave me a very reasonably cheap price in exchange of me helping out promoting the boat to everyone outside my circle.

So if anyone is interested, I'll be happy to share detail and pictures of the vessel.
Good opportunity to meet more divers around the world..
Thanks..

Cuan (bodiver13@gmail.com)

This thread has seen no updates since 2006. Has anyone been on the Felicia lately? Does is still have the exhaust issue? Surely it's been fixed by now, right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom