Komodo Liveaboard: Advice and Recommendations please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If the plan on Current Junkies doesn't work out perhaps you can look at Scuba Junkie Komodo. I am not sure if their LoB will be ready by June but 3 dives a day is the agenda, same as Current Junkies. The client on SJ is mixed.
There are enough materials on SJ in SB for you to read.
Oh good just what Komodo needs...another dive boat! Yay!:facepalm:

Coming soon! But how soon? Because it has been quite a while since they put it on their web site. Perhaps they ought to remove it until it is ready.

Oh good just what Komodo needs...another dive boat! Yay!:facepalm:

Yeh not. I did Maumere - Rinca - Komo..oh..hang on we're not going to dive in a parking lot - pulled the pin totally and went and explored somewhere Edi was curious about and did not see another boat all day before carrying on to less crowded bays. I think we shared the same pink beach with Amira but they also timed their dives so their divers were not crowded by us but all the rest of the trip we were hitting "the" sights and taking off ASAP before the day boats showed up. It's not surprising Pindito is not scheduled nor Tambora. I know it's a generalisation but please if you are choosing a budget boat, don't compromise safety for a few dollars.

I wasn't at all upset at the guy who was sleeping on deck from Bali to Komodo on a new local boat the week before laughing and gloating his trip had cost 1/5th of mine. I'm in no way bagging all budget boats but sometimes, you get what you pay for.

@Wingy we just had similar experiences in Raja... So many boats, absolutely unbelievable. Luckily our CD was an original Raja explorer so we dove sites he had on his gps from 15 years ago! It was fun to do some exploratory diving while avoiding mass divers at the usual dive sites!

I can reccoment the Duyung Baru, it only holds 6 guests. The meals are home cooked and will be the best food on any liveraboard. They offer longer trips. Very budget friendly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom