Komodo, Amed/Tulemben +?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought Gili Selang was out of Padangbai?

I was thinking of diving with Two Fish, will check, if they go to these sites and check out the others you recommend.
You can go to Gili Selang from Padang Bai, since it's the easternmost site of Bali some operators with powerful speedboats will organize that providing they have the customers (it's a long way!). I have been to Gili Selang with Gekodive in Padang Bai.
TwoFish Amed had already arranged the trip to GS on my request some years ago, so I am quite sure they could do it for you too.

Well Amed is much more crowded than Tulamben ! o_O

Well, we’re “stuck” in Jemeluk bay with the family, and I was referring to USS Liberty as being too crowded, so we won’t make the effort to do the early morning dive there. Last time we went to Bali only Crystal Bay, Manta Point and Liberty were crowded, everywhere else we had (more or less) to ourselves.

I get your point, about getting a local Tulemben guide for diving there, but if we’re based in Amed with family we may just have to take what we can get, and anyway: after our stay in Amed we'll do our Komodo LOB and then move to Alor, so we'll get enough good dives I hope:)

Currently I'm thinking: 1 day (3 dives?) Tulemben
2 mornings Amed (2x2 dives)
1 day Padangbai.

we'll do our Komodo LOB and then move to Alor, so we'll get enough good dives I hope:)
I guess so or something would have really gone wrong... ! :D

These dive sites are only accessible by boat, prone to colder water and strong current so nobody goes there , the coral is healthier its more fishy. Gili Selang is out of Amed but i guess can be accessed by Padang Bai too. Anyway you will start from the japanese Shipwreck and take a local boat name jukung to access the site. You can basically jump from the boat anywhere from the japanese shipwreck toward east and find a sweet dive site.

Need advice again:

July 2020 we’ll have 4 weeks in Indo:

We’re going on our first Komodo liveaboard (6 days, private, wonderpus/mimic boat, if you’ve been on it I would love to hear about it)

After Komodo we’ll go to Amed (my sister and family are staying there, and since we don’t often see each other we’ll stay in Jemeluk bay with them), diving Tulemben and Amed. Looking at Two fish, as they have a boat, and I think I read they’re good? I know Liberty dive resort has great guides, but we might only dive Tulemben 1 (or 2) days (we’ve already dived the Liberty wreck - just too many divers).

After this we still have 8-10 - where to go??

I’ve looked at:
1: Padang Bai - easy transfer, diving?
2: Gili’s- ok transfer, crowded? Good diving??
3: Lombok/south Gili’s- especially Belongas Bay (HH, but also strong current) not sure about other dive sites?
4: Alor- Expensive with flight, and we’ll not be able to go around full moon, which I hear is the best time for HH?
5: even considered RA, but too far.

Husband and I are both DM, son, 18, AOWD with close to 100 dives (required for Belongas Bay). We also travel with our 9 year old daughter (already ruled out Ankermi, Maumere due to this, but Alor divers welcome her)

What we would like to see: big stuff, sharks, rays, mola mola etc, nice reef with good snorkeling would be great.

Have already been to Nusa Lembongan and dived Crystal Bay, Manta point etc, loved it, but would be nice to try something new.

Too many choices- Help:)

Hi :) Please feel free to send me your email and i'll be happy to send you insights with recommendations :) which places to definitely go to and which to skip for waste of time and money :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom