Koh Samui or Koh Phi Phi?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very true, and still I say Phi Phi is best seen from a dive boat, then jump in and enjoy the rest below the waterline! Around Phi Phi you will find boats from Phuket, Lanta, Phi Phi and of course Ao Nang, Krabi. From Ao Nang you have such beautiful scenery, a wide choice of hotels and a great range of dive sites. Even though Krabi has its own airport it still gets overlooked. If the party scene is your thing, do Phi Phi or come over to Krabi and do Railey Beach.

To be perfectly honest, we look forward to the life above and below the water, thus the dilemma. We are really looking at whether to stay in Phuket and day trip from there or stay in Phi Phi and enjoy the beaches as well.

I've been to Phuket and I prefer having evening cocktails on the water's edge, so I guess Phi Phi will be the first choice.

We are also looking at ease of getting there, as the past trips to Puerto Galera Philippines were too long and tedious.

Depends where u fly from... some ppl fly directly to Phuket, then u can take minivan/boat to Krabi/Lanta, or boat to Phiphi... if u go through Bangkok, u can fly to both Phuket or Krabi... i havent been to Phiphi before tsunami, so can compare only with photographs, but with most palms swept away and the structures visible, now the place does not look like 110% paradise, but only 105%... ;-)

enjoy... L.

We will fly in from Tokyo to Bangkok then fly to Phuket I guess. I hated the long trip from Manila to our favorite spot in the Philippines - Puerto Galera - so I want the trip to be short and painless. We are looking more and more at Phi Phi, I think even after the tsunami it is still quite beautiful, and that is what counts on a dive trip for me!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom