Koh Lipe in January

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

atlas_shrugged

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm planning on visiting Koh Lipe in January 2016.

Can you advise if the best diving will be from day trips or liveaboards? I see that Tarutao National Park is nearby.

Note that I have dived extensively the Similan Islands on liveaboards in the past. Is the diving around Koh Lipe much different, and is it regarded as better or worse?

Thank you!

Koh Lipe offers nice diving, and you're going there at the best time of year, so I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.

AFAIK there are no liveaboards departing from Lipe itself, so if you're looking at that I think you'd have to change your destination to Koh Lanta or Phuket.

Hi Steven, Thanks. Do you think the diving is fine from shore or day trips? Or should I seek out a liveaboard instead if the sites are further out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, Steven is absolutely right as to liveaboards - you will have to change the destination.

However, day trips to the surrounding islands are quite popular and highly recommended, because they are the best way to explore the marine park, deep channels, submerged rock outcrops and reef gardens. The calm, clear water makes Koh Lipe ideal for diving, with 25% of the world's tropical fish species found in the area.

To check some recommended local dive centres, compare prices and even book online, follow the link: https://divebooker.com/search?rt=1&et=4&e=18017

Back
Top Bottom