Kodiak Sizing Issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Birmbear

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi there!
Based on your sizing chart and a convo with one of your telephone support people, I bought a Kodiak XXL Short. I'm 6-0', 250, 40" waist, 48" chest, 32" inseam. (My local dealer didn't have one in "my" size, so I had to order it without being able to first try it on.) Anyways, when it got here, I couldn't get the thing on. It was like 2" too short, and couldn't even fit over my head.
So...are you guys having sizing issues with your suits? What size do I really need?
Thanks,
__Birm

Hi there!
Based on Pinnacle's sizing chart and a convo with one of their telephone support people, I bought a Kodiak XXL Short. I'm 6-0', 250, 40" waist, 48" chest, 32" inseam. (My local dealer didn't have one in "my" size, so I had to order it without being able to first try it on.) Anyways, when it got here, I couldn't get the thing on. It was like 2" too short, and couldn't even fit over my head.
So...has anyone else had a similar problem with Pinnacle? Does anyone know if they're having sizing issues with their suits? What size do I really need?
Thanks,
__Birm

Last edited by a moderator:
a simple solution would be for you to go on a diet. my favorite is the Aquatic Adventures "dive diet". now that the weather is better, you should come see us and we could have you in that suit in no time...
:D

So...has anyone else had a similar problem with Pinnacle?
There's a thread in the Pinnacle sub-forum of the Manufacturers forum that describes a similar sizing problem. I also have several friends and my wife that have had sizing issues with Pinnacles. Apparently their sizing chart is somewhat whimsical and not really grounded in reality. I understand they're only "guidelines," but they should be a little more accurate than what they are. [end of my useless rant]

Does anyone know if they're having sizing issues with their suits?
No, not specifically. But I keep hearing people complain about the way that Pinnacles fit in the upper-back and neck area. It seems that some of the people I know (including my wife) have had problems with that area bunching up. Some to the point that they just couldn't wear the suit. It's possible that Pinnacles sizing paradigm doesn't fit certain body types.

What size do I really need?
The only way my wife was able to get the correct size was to try them on. Luckily, she had to be in San Diego and was able to go up to Scuba.com to do this. I now highly recommend to people on the board that they try on a Pinnacle before they buy it. It seems to be the only way to see if a Pinnacle will fit.

a simple solution would be for you to go on a diet. my favorite is the Aquatic Adventures "dive diet". now that the weather is better, you should come see us and we could have you in that suit in no time...
:D

Oh...nice. (I just feel the love!) And what kind of diet will make me short enough to get the thing over my head? Hmmmm?????

Thanks, fish. I appreciate the reality check. I read that thread, and I'm guessing that for me, at least, the critical dimension is the height. I couldn't even get the thing close to over my head. I'm hoping that if I can get one "tall" enough, that it won't bunch too much at the back.

We'll see.....

Thanks again,
__Birm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom