Ko Phi Phi Diving Shop recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

prako

New
Reaction score
Hello friends,

I am a total newbie to scuba diving and this forum. After going though all the Ko Tao bashing I have finally decided to take an Open Water Course in Ko Phi Phi. However, am facing a dilemma in choosing the right diving shop. I know that there cannot be "one" best dive shop. But I would like to hear recommendations from those who took courses in Ko Phi Phi and loved their dive shop/ school.

After doing some initial research on the internet/ Lonely Planet I have come across the following names -

1) Paradise Diving
2) Viking Divers
3) Phi Phi Scuba
4) Harlequin Scuba Diving
5) Island Divers

All of them charge 12900 bahts for an Open Water Course.
Some complete it in 3 days while some allow people to do it in 4 days.
While Paradise, Phi Phi Scuba and Island Divers have membership of Hyperbaric Chambers the other two (Viking and Harlequin) dont have any.
Almost all claim to have small group sizes (no more than 4 students per instructor) and custom made boats !!

Guys please help me make the right choice. Would love it if people could share their diving experiences in Ko Phi Phi with me.

Thanks

Just got back from diving Phi Phi with Sunrise Diving and had a spectacular time with them. I cannot say enough great things about them. They are a PADI 5 Star National Geographic Instructor Development Center, their equipment and boats were very well maintained, and the staff all went beyond all expectations in every way. They even have their own bar in Phuket for after diviing socializing. Check them out.

Dave

Last edited:
Sunrise Diving (the imitation one) is based on Phuket, not Phi Phi.

On Phi Phi: no personal experience with either of the schools you mention, but I have trained some DM's from Island Divers during a few IDC's, and they were well prepared, friendly and knew what they were doing. So I have a positive impression about Island Divers.

I can also recommend Visa.
Last summer I did about 20 dives with them and my daughter did her OW. Very professional and friendly!

Surprisingly one of the longest running centers on Phi Phi Island is The Adventure Club. They aren't so well known as they have always run a small operation due to their policies an emphasis on eoc tourism. However they were instrumental with the dive clean up on Phi Phi Island after the tsunami, and offer great courses, have really friendly staff and a fantastic dive boat.
The owner Andrew offers an all-round service which can also include details for accommodation and transfers aswell as other Adventure trips such as Shark Watching, snorkeling trips and cliff jumping.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom