Ko Lanta Questions..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Islandheart

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I have a couple students who are arriving Thailand later this month to dive.... Their thoughts are to stay in the Ko Lanta area.

They are talking about diving with either Scubafish or Narima... how are these operations ?

They (4) are not total newbies 12-30 dives... not looking for deep 30m dives but not 10m reefs...

Looking at Ko Haa - Koh PiPi 1st day and then 2nd day Ko Haa or Hin Muang and-or Hin Daeng.

Like to get some thoughts from my SB friends that know the area.

Thanks for your recommendations !

Bob

Scubafish has an outlet at the Narima, so they are the same. Scubafish is a well run outfit and I can recommend them, they run their own boats.
Hin Daeng and Hin Muang are crwaling with Manta Ray's at the moment, enjoy.

Bob, I like ScubaFish and Narima a lot. But your divers should know that Narima is in a rather isolated place and it's not just a short walk to other parts of Koh Lanta, so if they like a bit more bustle, they should ask ScubaFish for other suggestions for places to stay. The ScubaFish staff are always really good with my customers that I send down there--for example, I recently sent a group of three guys, and SF got them a 2-BR villa-type place to stay at a really reasonable price that they liked a lot.

Hey Limbo and Quero,

Thanks much for the info and comments. Nice to be able to jump on the SB and get thoughts from a world away from Florida !

Regards,
Bob C

Hi there

We have dived twice with Scubafish and have been extremely impressed with everything from the quality of the equipment , the boats , the food on board and especially the guides , who truly make a huge effort to make everybody feel welcome. They also do absolutely everything for you.

We stayed twice in Kantiang Bay which is stunning.

Diving with SF is not cheap but they are worth it.

have a great trip

IMO, best diving from Koh Lanta is Koh Haa, Koh Bida, and Hin Daeng/Muang. I found king cruiser wreck to be not so memorable. Hin Daeng/Muang are the most advance of the above sites with bottoms at 60meters and the potential to encounter currents going in various directions, including occasional down currents. Hin Muang is entirely submerged with the tops at around 14meters. The mooring line is in a channel where currents can get strong. Koh Haa and Koh bida are fairly easy dives that gently slope out to 30meters. Can also recommend Scubafish as well as Lanta Divers.

Do note travel times can vary substantially by which port you leave from and what type of boat. For example, a speedboat from the south end of the island can get to Hin Daeng/Muang in 45minutes where as a slow boat from Saladan up north can take almost 4 hours. The other sites are 30mins to 2 hours depending again on type of boat and departure point.

I have a couple students who are arriving Thailand later this month to dive.... Their thoughts are to stay in the Ko Lanta area.

They are talking about diving with either Scubafish or Narima... how are these operations ?

They (4) are not total newbies 12-30 dives... not looking for deep 30m dives but not 10m reefs...

Looking at Ko Haa - Koh PiPi 1st day and then 2nd day Ko Haa or Hin Muang and-or Hin Daeng.

Like to get some thoughts from my SB friends that know the area.

Thanks for your recommendations !

Bob

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom