Knoxville Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lmghsowl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I've posted regarding this before I know but I'm here and really looking to do some diving now. I'm an intern in the Knoxville area (Oak Ridge to be exact) and will be here until early december. I just got my cert in july so I'll looking to atleast get loosely affilated with a dive club because I would like to dive with people that know the are. Can you guys give me a little bit direction of where to look? I did call the two dive shops in Knoxville but didn't get much help as far as who to dive with. Thanks.

I was assisting with the training of 11 OW divers at the quarry in Philadelphia this past weekend who are all ORNL/Y-12 employees and family members. They have discussed starting a club. Several are single and looking for buddies to do some diving with. A couple of them have discussed going to Madison, Alabama to dive on space junk either this weekend or next. If you will PM me I will provide you an email address. These guys are newly certified, so they're ready to get wet.

Check with Bobby Seals @ Blue Clear Divers in West Knox. They go and dive the quarry in sweetwater every other weekend until October I believe. Good people, both the LDS and the quarry. Martha's is worth a trip once or twice a year, but the vis isn't that great, especially when there's an OW class there. All the good stuff in wetsuit depths is close to the training platforms, but last I heard Fred is making some changes to rectify that.

Good Luck,

Lebanon is east of Nashville.

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom