Knighthawk double tank conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thats just what I have :)
... now what to do with them?
I think I'll keep them on the off chance that I might try this out .. yanno, Frankenrig syle :wink:

There is a way to do this but not with the kit you lads are using, but here in the uk AP Valves sell
Jackets that can be used by twin bands and linked to a secondary wing called the "Redwing" all made by AP Valves and no I dont have shares or work for them but they are the DBs.

I asked the same question about adapting my Knighthawk for twins and went to the source (Scubapro) and received the following suggestion:

-------------SCUBAPRO
"Your Nighthawk can accommodate doubles, but you need to purchase the bands with 'bow'

I like the product from this company. pony bottle bracket,quick draw brackets,ultimate ponybottle bracketscuba,dive,dive equipment

SCUBAPRO UWATEC"
------------ END SCUBAPRO

Hope this helps.

I asked the same question about adapting my Knighthawk for twins and went to the source (Scubapro) and received the following suggestion:

-------------SCUBAPRO
"Your Nighthawk can accommodate doubles, but you need to purchase the bands with 'bow'

I like the product from this company. pony bottle bracket,quick draw brackets,ultimate ponybottle bracketscuba,dive,dive equipment

SCUBAPRO UWATEC"
------------ END SCUBAPRO

Hope this helps.

That is an independent double band (a.k.a travel band). I have used and kept it as well. This band is another way, but it isn't a true double.

For the price wise, Aqua Explorers' band is better choice. LP used to sell this band as well at the reasonable price.

You can get this old designed one at $50 right now.

Just independent double...

Any bands either AE or UPC are all for an independent double, not static double.

Those double bands/SP jacket rigs were very common in the 1980's. I have never seen them in stainless so that was a bit surprising. Nothing new or experimental about this as Hoosier pointed out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom