Kitto Trigger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tom wicker

Contributor
Reaction score
I may have made a mistake and I was hoping someone could help me out on it. I built a gun on Kittos spec.and boy is it pretty. Now for my problem I contacted Ray Odor over in Florida for some shafts for it I was under the impression that Riffe shafts were to work in it so finding replacements would be no trouble. Now Ray tells me he is not for sure that they will work. I would hate to cut the stock size down again

Riffe shafts will work as will Ray's Riffe style shafts. No probs. Ray probably isn't familiar with Kitto and didn't know and didn't want to tell you wrong.

deadend:
Riffe shafts will work as will Ray's Riffe style shafts. No probs. Ray probably isn't familiar with Kitto and didn't know and didn't want to tell you wrong.

I respect Ray for being honest. And do highly recommend him for any shaft, points, or ppd’s. Your name is ringing a bell “Blood”?

Yes I do recall you now, do you think the kitto is an over kill for a Gulf Gun? this is a 55" four band but will use three most of the time local lower Keys and MG I was thinking four would come in handy.My block will handle the larger size trigger no problem the only other drawl back I can see is noise

Not overkill, but unless line shafting I'd only use 1 band and freeshaft with it in the gulf. My Kitto gun freeshafts well. Four bands is alot for a 55" gun and you may run into probs with recoil.

55 inch is the right size. Go with three bands. If you are a free diver you will need to reach out for some fish like mackeral and jacks. 5/16 should be the right diameter for the arrow. You can try free shafting if you are going to bump along a sandy bottom and look for 10 lb groupers and the like.

pescador775:
55 inch is the right size. Go with three bands. If you are a free diver you will need to reach out for some fish like mackeral and jacks. 5/16 should be the right diameter for the arrow. You can try free shafting if you are going to bump along a sandy bottom and look for 10 lb groupers and the like.

Thanks pescador
I’ve put a lot of research into to the gun. I believe I have the recoil under control even though its in theory only right now with the size and weight of the gun plus room is left for a set of front wings if needed. I’m hunted by the AJ's over on the deepwater rigs off LA. I will equipt it with three bands and a 60" 5/16 Ray Odor shaft. Friday my hardware kit should arrive and I can begin putting it togeather.

You shouldn't need front wings if you ballast and balance the gun right. And you can kill much bigger fish than 10lbs with a freeshaft.

deadend:
You shouldn't need front wings if you ballast and balance the gun right. And you can kill much bigger fish than 10lbs with a freeshaft.

I guess you could compare me to a kid in a candy factory on this project. I have so many ideas running around in my head on different options that would come in handy in the environments that I fish and plan to fish. My tiger and rigging will arrive tomorrow

As it stands now it will be equipt with a line shaft and a primary freeshaft (60" Ray Odors) The tail or butt of the gun will have a hollowed out compartment for a Ray Odor PPD with a sliding butt plate for access to it. This is done to simply keep it out of site. Three 24" 9/16 bands and a reel for playing on the rigs with no bottom. I do understand a reel on the Rig will more than likely tangle but I would rather take the chance of tangling than loose a gun

Do you see any problems so far? weight factor maybe?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom