***kiowa Trip Report***

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boston Diver Services

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Second day on the Kiowa. Vis. 15'. Bottom Temp 45*.

Today we began to learn the layout of the ship. Lines were run from the mooring. The smoke stack is broken and on its side by the mooring.

Dive one: Ran line on a Northerly course. The ships keel and ribs are exposed. Silt covers much of the interior. One mast (fore or aft?)crosses the debris. Much digging needs to be done here. Dogfish are plentiful. The only find worth mentioning was a brass valve. 200' feet of line did not find the end of the wreck. The line is tied off and remains for future dives.

Dive two: Ran line on a southerly course. There is much more destruction here. The ships lines are not as clear. A second mast and boom cross this end of the wreck. Some big lobsters make their home here. 150' of line took me off the hull and into a large debris field. The full scope of the wreck still needs to be explored. This line is also tied off and remains for future dives.

Damn! I can't believe I'm going to miss this with you guys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom