Kings County Divers "Northeast Wreck Diver" class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveFass

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone have an opinion of this class? Has anyone taken it or know anything about the classes at this LDS? It is 2 classroom sessions and 4 dives, two of them at Dutch Springs. What got me interested in it is that they said they would teach it in doubles. My goal is to get comfortable enough in doubles (something I've never done) so I can take the Cavern/Intro-to-Cave courses.

I've been diving local wrecks a little but don't see how much a local class can teach me about wreck diving, as each boat seems to have different procedures. Then again, I don't know what I don't know.

http://www.kcdivers.net/courses/wrecktec.html

My concern is that it will be a waste of time. Even though I'll be diving, two of them are in Dutch Springs, which is far for me boring compared to wreck diving. Then again, I'll be with divers talking about diving so how bad could it be?

Thanks.

Not familiar with this LDS. After reading their course description, you already have more experience and doubt you will gain any useful knowledge. It is a rec class tied with a boat diving cert....

Anytime you get a chance to come down to DS, post over on our website. We have a couple of guys that are just switching to doubles and I will be in another month or so. We also, have two resident tech instructors. NAUI's wreck penetration class requires full cave as a prerequisite.

Hope this helps.

Go Cave!

Jack

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom