Kindle Scuba Books?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, bummer, I got my new wireless Kindle today and no matter what I tried it will not pickup my wireless network. So I ordered the 3G version and will be shipping this one back. No scuba reading this weekend. :(

Hi, I have Kindle for my iPod touch and recently got Kindle for PC. I use a small netbook in my semi truck when I'm on the road, and Kindle for PC is great!! I love it. And it's free!!

As for books, I am a fan of Florida writer Randy Wayne White. He has a recent book called "Deep Shadow" that is really good. There is diving in that book, and some cave diving. There are bad guys that give "Doc Ford" a good challenge. And there is also some nice treasure hunting in the book as well.

I listen to a lot of audio being a truck driver, and I like Carl Hiassen and Jimmy Buffett too. Although, I don't think they have any diving related books.

Susan and my dog Kelly

Jim that's great!

I don't know if you can upload other file types to Kindle, but my Sony reader takes lots of different types. Check out Google books. Also, if you go to GUE.com you can get Doing It Right: The Fundamentals of Better Diving - PDF for $15. Amazon advertised it for $50 print copy. They have other pdf titles too.

Haven't seen any other training agencies with uploadable files. Anyone know if they do?

I use the Barnes and Noble app on my IPAD.

Works great. Just got off the plane from Baltimore.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom