Killer Whales spotted in the Gulf of Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Debraw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I just saw a clip on the Today show of a fishing boat captain that spotted a couple of Killer Whales in the Gulf of Mexico. He caught it on video tape as they were going in and out out of the water. They said normally it's to warm for them to be spotted in the gulf. I think I remember a spotting a couple of years ago also of some Killer Whales. That was pretty cool video! Anyone else see the clip this morning? :dazzler1:

That's very cool... No, I did not see the clip but will go look for it on the net. Did they mentnion if it was an isolated case, or a whole pod?
maria

Fox news also ran the video clip. From what I saw, there were only 2 whales.

I was talking to a friend that just got back from Roatain. According to the resort that he stayed at, the killer whales migrate though that reagion every year. Roatan is so close to the gulf that it doesn't suprise me that there was a sighting in the Gulf. Sure would like to see them up close. Maybe, I will get the chance. We are hoping to go to Roatan this fall>

The website for the resort is: http://www.anthonyskey.com

The news said a pod but I only saw two. You know how the news is I am never really sure if they have the facts or just an exaggerated version of the facts! LOL!

I just found this video clip from KRIS TV Channel 6 News. They were spotted off fo Port Aransas about 75 miles out. Evidentally it was a pod , I saw a three in the video clip and the boat captain said that he even saw babies.

http://www.kristv.com/Global/story.asp?S=2122488&nav=BsmgPS7t

Good find on the video. I hope they weren't lost and moving towards some beach somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom