Kidspot creates magic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sea nmf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well, kidspot created an almost perfect dive for us here on Maui yesterday. It was at Mala Beach, the old cement pier that collapsed during Iniki.

The water was clear and here are just the highlights:

Two eagle rays just flying leisurly with us for a good while

A shark that came out and just sort of swam around a bunch, giving us a great show

A bunch of turtles, one sleeping and the rest just swimming around

A pair of mating nudibranchs

Large schools of goat fish

A large white margin eel

I think it was a Kona crab

Swim throughs, etc.

Thanks, kidspot!!! We had a great time! Bob and Maggie from Michigan also came, Bob dove with us and Maggie shopped. She kind of regretted it after we told her how great it was. Maybe she will join us next Saturday.

Bob dove with his closed rebreather and was a sight to see - no bubbles!

Kidspot got 4 divers, six 80's, and a rebreather, plus all the fins, regs, masks, and the rest of the paraphanalia we all cart around into his Saturn. I'm surprised the car would even move! What a trooper!

We took our gear over to kidspot's to rinse off and he had a nice surprise. He had a delivery while we were out from Diver's supply. And he didn't even remember what he ordered! (It was high visibility line finger spools)

Anyway, we had a great time and did a 2nd dive at Old Airport Beach. It wasn't as spectacular as the first dive but fabulous viz and the whales were serenading us.

We know Tim is magic :D Glad to hear you had a good time :wink:

I was surprized how nice Mala ramp was to dive. I've taken boats out of it several times but never really thought about diving it until this trip. We had a great time and had a lot of fun. Maggi is ready to dive it next Saturday if anyone is interested?????

Bob

Glad you had a great time, Beck.

That's a lot to see on a dive.

lol - when I saw my name, first thought was ... "oh no what did I do now" :wink:

it was a great dive day all around - partly site conditions and wildlife, but especially due to the company :D

I forgot to take the tanks out of the trunk and couldn't figure out why my car was so sluggish going to the supermarket for lunch this afternoon ... it's doing MUCH better with those tanks dropped off at the lds ... wish I'd taken a picture with us all in it yesterday - great "clown car" shot - lol. The folks at the lds got a good laugh when I told them about it too -

so ... it sounds like Mala again next Saturday :wink: Gonna join us again Bob? you can pick the second site if you like as the rest of the group requested only one dive next weekend ...

Aloha, Tim

[hijack on] Hey Bob - Chris here, I dove with you and Maggie last week on B&B and Extended Horizons. That pier looked like a good place to dive.

Enjoy the rest of your trip
Chris
[hijack off]

we finally got to meet Shelby, too!!! :) Maui Swap Meet has now been shopped this trip, so I can NOW go diving on Saturday!!! :) Great company, esp at lunch listening to all the stories! take care and see you soon! Maggi

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom