Khao Lak in November (need advice for AOW and Snorkeller)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sumfingwong

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all, its that time of the year again! Grind at work, then off to sunny Thailand for 3 weeks to unwind (hopefully).

I will be staying in Khao Lak Nov 19 to 26 and currently looking for a reputable dive op, I have seen a couple threads here on scubaboard and I have been looking at other diveops on TripAdvisor.

The reason why I am asking for help is that my wife is not certified, she cannot scuba dive due to equalization problems. We're looking for recommendations for a day trip to a relatively shallow/easy reef dive. That way I can do some diving, and she can snorkel while I am under water. Would Richelieu Rock be a good dive site for a diver and snorkeller? Koh Bon or Koh Tachai?

If I can get some advice/recommendations on a good dive spot, please let me know! It is greatly apprecated!

I have reached out to the following Dive Ops to see if they can facilitate my request:

Sea Bees
Wicked Diving
Sea Dragon Dive Center
M/V Oktavia
Big Blue Diving

Again, I truly appreciate any help you can give!

Last edited:
Sea bees are awesome, professional and fun. Contact them and let them know your issues, I'm sure they can accommodate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In general the Similans are better than the sites further north. Richelieu Rock is really beautiful, but completely open and only seldom suitable for snorkeling. At Koh Bon and Koh Tachai currents can be really strong, and the snorkeling areas are far away from the best diving.

Contact IQ, they are nearly the only one doing daytrips to Similans.

Back
Top Bottom