keys hotel advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HarleyDiver:
I suggest http://www.bluewaterdiver.net/ . They are located right next to the Holiday In & cam get you a room there, or the Marina del Mar (Better). Plus they are a great dive boat.

We dived with SeaDwellers and although I like them, the baots have no under-seat storage so all the gear ends up in a heap in the middle of the deck (combine that with newbies who don't know enough to put away their gear and it's a mess).

Does BWD have under-seat or other easy storage for gear? We're looking at heading down ina week or so, and I need easy shallow diving due to a recent medical condition--have to see if I'm good to go! But I need shade and I prefer a well set up boat where I don't have to worry about piles of gear in the middle of the deck!

Thanks
Robin

RobinG:
We dived with SeaDwellers and although I like them, the baots have no under-seat storage so all the gear ends up in a heap in the middle of the deck (combine that with newbies who don't know enough to put away their gear and it's a mess).

Does BWD have under-seat or other easy storage for gear? We're looking at heading down ina week or so, and I need easy shallow diving due to a recent medical condition--have to see if I'm good to go! But I need shade and I prefer a well set up boat where I don't have to worry about piles of gear in the middle of the deck!

Thanks
Robin

Try Amy Slate's or one of the charters with the Patoon Boat's, they seam to have the most shade, and the most room.

RobinG:

Thanks
Robin

Yes they have good under-seat stowage. The boat is certified for 14 divers, but they will not take more than 10. The front 2/3 of the seats are "inside" the last ones near the stern are in the open. They also allow dry stuff to be stored up front in the cabin.
Juice & water & snacks are provided as well.

sergeantnic:
Marina Del Mar is a pretty good place to stay. They've got a coulpe dive charters right there at their Marina too but I've never used them as I'm not certified yet. The rooms were alright and you can use their pool or the other two pools at the neighboring hotels.
Marina Del Mar & Blue Water Divers have teamed up to create some increditble stay-and-dive packages! Feel free to email or PM me for pricing and details.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom