Keys diving Islamorada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoCalRich

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Dive report from the Florida Keys'
First time to the Keys and we will be returning. Started the week with dive #201 Whooo!
Our dive shop of choice was SEA MONKEYS located at mile marker 85, On their 6 pack boat you are guaranteed to have limited divers on board. Great folks, and they provide a dive guide on every dive, My niece finished her open water training with Sea Monkeys and they provided a separate instructor just for her. Coleen & Bill the (Owners) are very knowledgeable, and Colleen is extremely energetic about making sure you have a good safe 60 minute dive. Captain Jim has lots of local maritime stories to hear as well.
The shop is small and they do not own the property so some of the dock is in need of a bit of repair. But don't let that concern you about the quality of their business. Thousands of fish lots of color, Colleen is a 5' fireball that works very hard on each dive to find you the big and small wonders of the local waters.

Bring a camera lots to see above & below the water.
Goo Divin
SoCalRich

Glad to hear you had a good time.

Funny, they called me to teach an OW referral for them this past weekend but I was traveling to SoCal. Will you be at Scuba at Show?

Not sure if I will make the show, after being gone for a week it's going to create a back log of things to do (TTD) when we return to SoCal. Will you be diving during your trip west?

A 6-pack and they provide a dive guide? Wow; previously debates about various Key Largo dive op. options have involved some debates about the relative benefits of one vs. the other. Now, in Islamorada, you've got someone you like with both. Any charge for using the guide?

Richard.

good to hear

Not sure if I will make the show, after being gone for a week it's going to create a back log of things to do (TTD) when we return to SoCal. Will you be diving during your trip west?
Not this time...family, friends, & show commitments.

No extra charge $! Coleen was on every dive, and they put a guide in the water for their snorkel trips as well. However they are quite accommodating about not insisting that very experienced divers follow the guide. Give them a heads up about your intentions and you can explore on your own. Just stay within the 60 minute time frame.
We also had 4 or 5 Manatees hanging out at the dock for a wile as well.

Here on the west coast I am not aware of any dive ops, that provide a free guide. But I have only dived from San Diego to Monterey.

Good Divin
SoCalRich

A 6-pack and they provide a dive guide? Wow; previously debates about various Key Largo dive op. options have involved some debates about the relative benefits of one vs. the other. Now, in Islamorada, you've got someone you like with both. Any charge for using the guide?

Richard.
The DM/guides usually work for tips.

Bluewater is another six back in Key Lago. Couple runs it. She dives with the customers. Did a few dives with them a few years ago.

great review.....thanks for sharing.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom