Key's Dive trip next week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ndavy

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My buddy and I are headed down to the Keys next week to do a little diving and to just generally enjoy the Keys atmosphere for spring break. On Monday we will be diving the Spiegel Grove with Island Adventures, Tuesday we are heading down to Marathon and diving the Thunderbolt with Hall's Diving, and Wednesday we will be diving the Adolphus Busch and Looe Key with Wreckreation. Thursday and Friday we won't be diving, just relaxing and soaking up some sunshine. We will probably head to Key West one of those days. There is a chance that on our way back north we might do a beach dive somewhere around Ft Lauderdale on Saturday.
Does anyone have any advice for our trip (great places to eat, bars to get a drink or two in, nice public beaches, etc...) or the dives that we will be doing?
Also any reports of recent conditions on any of the dives we will be doing, water temp, vis, life on the wrecks would be appreciated.
Maybe we'll run into some fellow SBer's while we are down in the Keys, it should be a fantastic trip.

Nate

Looking forward to your visit! Let's hope the wind lays down before you get here.

Rachel

what is the vis like down that way,,, do winds out of the sse cause for dirty conditions or does it push up alot of blue water from the carribean.. thanks

In Marathon, eat at the 7 Mile Grill (just north of the seven mile bridge). In Big Pine (~mm30) seek out directions to the No Name Pub. A little further south (~mm20) try Mangrove Mamas. In Key West's Old Town, ask a local for directions to find B.O.'s Fish Wagon. These are a few of my favorite Lower Keys eateries. Enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom