Keys dive operator recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the tip Oldbear. I can only imagine the Chatfield and Aurora dives might have left her with a pretty bleak outlook of diving. I've only snorkeled in fresh water, at Flaming Gorge which has pretty clear water by fresh water standards, and there just wasn't much to see in the green water. Trout, bass and carp just can't compare to anglefish, triggers and rays. Plus 70 at the surface and at least 10 deg colder at your feet doesn't make me want to go much deeper. I'll buy plane tickets. I would kinda like to dive Lake Powell sometime though.

Mike

Mike,

She has a pretty bleak outlook on local Colorado diving. But she has been around me on some of my dive trips to Coz, Thailand, Red Sea, Utila and Roatan so she had a pretty good idea of what diving could be. Now we live in the Marshall Islands in Micronesia and dive topical waters. Our Dive life is pretty darn good.

BTW ... Rob Calkins at Flatirons in Broomfield takes divers to Flaming Gorge just about each summer...maybe he also does Lake Powell.

~Oldbear~
Michael

I like Conch Republic. They are the least nannified of the main stream operators in the KL area. Solid and reliable Newton dive boat, good location, no issues, seem a little more open to doing more diverse diving and locations. Best thing is they did what they said they would do, no excuses and have never dropped me at last minute because they can make more money on another group.

For cattle boat fun I have always enjoyed Ocean Divers, and it can be fun.

N

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom