Key West Spear Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was this a DCS hit, or was there some Arterial Gas Embolism included?

Could have been also. CNS hits and AGE both manifest after rapid ascents. I assumed a good CESA, after all "he was an experianced diver". After re reading, it was obvious the skin diver could tell the ascent was too fast, AGE is very possible. I have been doing too many deco and gas models, I am stuck in CNS PO2 and PN hits. See how easy we overlook the basics as we advance?

Controlling the 16-17 year old is different than alerting the 16-17 year old of the situation and working it through. The information is lacking.

The story as it is written leads me to believe the diver went back down immediately, possibly with the same tank, he had been diving. The story, which starts with a lot of surface fishing leads me to one tank per diver on the boat. This is based on a 25' CC boat with 4 people on board, (this size boat takes planning for this many divers, theres gear, tanks, beer, etc.) and not planning on multiple dives. I.E. they waited towards the end of the day to dive.

When we spear, we also surface fish, however that is done during SIT. As it is a way to pass your time.

My opinion based on what we have.

It could of also been the spare tank, I carry one spare tank, Most of the time.

Do not know all that day, what went along, yet it did not end well.

I get stuck in kelp, I lost my scuba pro dust cap, I ride the bottom and the current flows me through, then WHAM, I am now caught by the tank, Pulled and no luck, so i went as far back as possible and kicked with current and it snapped free. when cleaning up for the day noticed it was ripped off.

We'll that is not going to be on the reg now, I cut off the rest of it.

Something will be different on every dive, that's what keeps me down under.

Back
Top Bottom