Key West Hotels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronpriskie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Looking for a luxury hotel for family of 5 in Key West. Only 1 diver (me, the Dad) in party. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

The Hilton has a "private island" right off Key West. It's one of the "luxurious" there. It's just on the other side of the main harbor channel in and a hotel ferry runs betwen them. There is also a Wyndham there that is very nice.

We stayed at Southernmost hotel group the last time we stayed there. This is one place that I would reccomend NOT to stay. Their customer service was very poor and their management was very rude. They overcharged us for the room we got becuase they couldn't put us in the right room. We felt we were "Screwed" by them. you also have to park on the street and feed the meter there. For $200/night, I shouldn't have to feed a meter. We'll never stay there again.

Hyatt has three vacation club properties on the island, Sunset Harbor which is in old town and Windward Pointe and Beach House which are in the new town side of the island. All three of the properties are 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom fully furnished condos complete with full kitchen, furnished balconies, jacuzzi tubs, sleeper sofa, washer and dryer and would rate at least four stars, although there are no restaurants on site. Also, staying at one of the properties allows you to use the facilities of the other properties including the Hyatt Resort Hotel next to Mallory Square. We stayed at the Windward Pointe last year and were very impressed. The two new town properties generally run $200 low season while Sunset harbor is around $300. This compares to the $500 to $700 cost of Hilton Sunset Key mentioned in a previous post, although the Hilton is unique as it is only accessable by boat (Hilton runs private shuttles).

Big point for you... when and what are you going to dive???? Most of the good stuff is in Largo. You may want to book a day and drive back up ~1.5hrs. Just got back from a trip late July.
Why not look at a condo or vacation rental home? Less expensive, more room and probally lots of extras... ie grill, kitchen, beach access.

Check out the Pier House. It's right at the base of Duval Street in the heart of old town Key West. Once there, your family won't need the car, so you can take it and drive out a few miles to reach better diving. There are many operators in the lower keys that will take you to Looe Key, Adolphus Bush, etc.

msedivingdoc:
Big point for you... when and what are you going to dive???? Most of the good stuff is in Largo. You may want to book a day and drive back up ~1.5hrs. Just got back from a trip late July.
Why not look at a condo or vacation rental home? Less expensive, more room and probally lots of extras... ie grill, kitchen, beach access.

to msedivingdoc...thanks for the tips! don't know when or what I'll dive there. just got OW cert last month and all my diving has been Northeast low viz stuff. Anything in the Keys will be new stuff for me. I know Largo has better stuff, but I think the fam will enjoy Key West more from an all aroung perspective.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom