Key West Dive Shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HilaryF

Reaction score
Any recommendations regarding who to dive with and/or who to avoid? I've noticed a pretty big difference in fees between the different shops! Thanks!

I used South Point Divers for my AOW in 2001. They're a cattle boat, but the staff is friendly, and the prices are pretty good. We did the Cayman Salvager twice and Joe's Tug once, then did a second dive on a reef each day.

Hope this helps,
Grier

Very helpful - thanks! There are several shops to choose from, with prices from the $40s to the $80s once you add tanks and weights (yikes!). I'm planning to go out several times over a 2 week period so need to watch the $, but didn't want to end up with an outfit that's cheap(er) only to find out that it would have been better to spend the $ and go with somebody else.....

Hilary

For the money, head up the road a few miles to Capt. Jim Wyatt,s (Florida Reef Divers) shop on Cudjoe Key. Key West diving is extremely basic. Yes the Cayman and Joe's Tug are neat but that is all there is. Except if you hook up with the Captain's Corner. They do a really nice dive on the Atocha site. A bit costly but worth it.

HilaryF:
Very helpful - thanks! There are several shops to choose from, with prices from the $40s to the $80s once you add tanks and weights (yikes!). I'm planning to go out several times over a 2 week period so need to watch the $, but didn't want to end up with an outfit that's cheap(er) only to find out that it would have been better to spend the $ and go with somebody else.....

Hilary

http://www.reef-divers.com

Check out this site. I have been diving with Captain Jim and he is the best.

BILLB:
For the money, head up the road a few miles to Capt. Jim Wyatt,s (Florida Reef Divers) shop on Cudjoe Key. Key West diving is extremely basic. Yes the Cayman and Joe's Tug are neat but that is all there is. Except if you hook up with the Captain's Corner. They do a really nice dive on the Atocha site. A bit costly but worth it.

GrierHPharmD:
I used South Point Divers for my AOW in 2001. They're a cattle boat, but the staff is friendly, and the prices are pretty good. We did the Cayman Salvager twice and Joe's Tug once, then did a second dive on a reef each day.

Hope this helps,
Grier
I agree, I used the in Dec. of 2003, wasn't filled to capacity but I can see how they would let that happen.
No DMs on the dives (at least the ones that we did) so if you want a DM to dive with you might want to check with them or go elsewhere. The boat crew was helpful and friendly.
If you stay at the Hyatt you get a discount with South Point because their dock is at the hotel..

Thanks all! I may end up making the rounds of a couple of shops in order to get some variety, since I'd like to see the local sites as well as Looe Key, etc. Atoche sounds very cool - has anybody been to the site? Have to figure out transportation to the shops as well!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom