Key West Dive Ops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it would have been so much a better medallion program if they had coined the medallions the way they initally sunk it...

:rofl3:

spiegel_grove_medallion_250250.jpg

Oh man that is just WRONG!!!!!!!!!!:rofl3:

At least if they'd have cast the initial run of medallions like that! :shakehead:

Let's just hope that they don't dump the Vandy over like that :shocked2:

A press on nail in a urinal???!? LOL love it. only in Key west..
lol ok well i shall consider giving massages on the days i work as a divemaster ;-)
Thanks for all the input guys....the larger tanks idea is a good call, as well as rental pony bottles...i'll definitely run that one past the boss!
i'm looking into the wreck slates as well. i definitely think that's a great idea. The one they made up for the Speigel is really good.
Thanks for the input, guys! Go on and keep it coming! :)
And Queen, i'll see ya when you get here! :)

Yep! a press on nail! But you're right, only in KW!

I'll need your DM schedule, btw! :rofl3:

it would have been so much a better medallion program if they had coined the medallions the way they initally sunk it...

:rofl3:

spiegel_grove_medallion_250250.jpg

Oh man that is just WRONG!!!!!!!!!!:rofl3:

At least if they'd have cast the initial run of medallions like that! :shakehead:

yeah... it was just too funny not to post. especially after having to listen to the ego of the guy in charge of the sinking on a dive boat one day. :shakehead:

I think it's just a photoshop joke and no one went to the expense to have them made, but the week or two after the sinking, one of the tshirt screen printers was selling t-shirts in Key Largo with the ship printed upside down. I almost bought one! :rofl3:

Let's just hope that they don't dump the Vandy over like that :shocked2:

no doubt! say goodbuy to all those satellite dishes, etc if they turtle it!

That's it! No dishes to play in! It's not like the SG that doesn't have anything except cranes to see. Imagine if they flipped the Oriskany! (especially now that it's 10 feet deeper than it was last year!)

I can't wait until October to get on this one though! You need to come down then! You missed the "Eagle event" last year!

yeah... if they had flipped the Oriskany, then you'd seen all the P'cola dive shop owners sit down and cry... (I wouldn't blame them).

what was the Eagle event? (when the fishing boat sank on top of it?)

No...(that was funny though) the Eagle event was when a bunch of us met and dove the Eagle back in November..Key Largo Brent, Walter, Kidsdream, Mason, Capt. Gary and a couple others...I was down for two weeks, and wanted to get on the Eagle, Brent reccomended Conch Republic and it went from there...

mike barnette's got the pics of that boat sitting sunk on the Eagle on his website if you want to see them.

I think I remember that maybe .... I think (but not sure) that you might have PM'd me about that trip.

I saw them, that was crazy! Could you imagine passing your boat on the way back up the line!?!?

That's it! I think you PM'd me about something else and I told you about it! (I remember there was something about it) There's a thread somewhere with a few pictures in the Conch forum.

Sigh.
For the second time: the Divemaster DID NOT say it was unsafe to dive. He said it would be unsafe for him to conduct an in-water supervision. Given the poor visibility, he felt it would be safer for him to supervise the divers from the surface. Once you go through Divemaster training, you learn these finer points.
And again, next time a boat Captain- someone who spends every day working on the water and knows the sea- tells you that conditions won't be great, maybe you should listen to him. He knows more about this than you. Take his advice next time, and don't go around badmouthing well-respected dive operations simply because you were too stubborn to take advice.
End of story.

When everyone got out of the water after the so called dive, the divemaster DID NOT say that he would be performing "out-of-water" supervision. His exact words were "This is one of the worst conditions I have dived in. It just isn't safe." As a result everyone got out of the water (respecting the divemaster's comment) and the captain turned the boat.
It is also worth mentioning that I saw NO OTHER dive boats around the wreck reef. Actually, I saw no other dive boats on the horizon. So basically, NO OTHER dive operation thought that it was safe to dive, but SUBTROPIC DIVE OP with their small boat decided to charge 100 bucks per person for an hour long BOAT TRIP to the reef (of course no diving included, just a small bottle of juice). Talk about a well respected op!

Ugh, ignoring the slanderous comments, and moving on to the good stuff:
THE VANDENBERG IS OFFICIALLY HERE!!!! We all went down and watched her coming in today. It was so awesome. She's HUGE!!!!! I can't wait to dive her!
Took lots of pics, and i'll try to find my cable so i can upload them to my computer tomorrow :)
We're having a little gathering on the water for the sinking, the details of which i shall post as soon as we get an official sink date!
Woot woot! So excited!
:banana::banana::banana:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom