Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,

I have a trip to Key Largo planned for december. I'm the only diver in our group but everyone else enjoys snorkeling. I'd like to do some great dives but I also don't want to ditch my family all week. Are there dives where I can dive and everyone else can snorkel together? Anyone ever do this? Any suggestions on dive operators to use? I'm newly certified. Thanks in advance.

ckjacques53198:
Hi,

I have a trip to Key Largo planned for december. I'm the only diver in our group but everyone else enjoys snorkeling. I'd like to do some great dives but I also don't want to ditch my family all week. Are there dives where I can dive and everyone else can snorkel together? Anyone ever do this? Any suggestions on dive operators to use? I'm newly certified. Thanks in advance.

I'm sure there are a lot of dive operators that would accomodate you there. We have used Ocean Divers several times and have found them to be excellent. I know they take on snorkelers too, not sure of the price, though. I know the shallower reefs in the 15'-40' depth range allow you to see great from the surface. We did a bunch of lazy snorkeling around the boat during a prolonged SI in 40' and it was crystal clear. I got some great pics of a morray and a baracuda during the snorkeling, too.

Most local dive ops will take snorkelers (conditions permitting) on shallow trips. You'll have to "buddy-up" with another diver, or hire a dive guide to accompany you underwater. Molasses Reef is my favorite site for dive/snorkel combination trips. Key Largo Dry Rocks (Christ of the Deep) and Banana Reef are also good for both diving and snorkeling. Enjoy!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom