Key Largo/Tavernier dive operator that will book wreck dive for 2 in late November?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FitnessKelly

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Husband and I are spending 3 days in the Key Largo area in late November and would like to do wreck diving while there. I called a couple of dive operators that we've worked with before and there was little guarantee that we could dive wrecks. No offense to anyone who likes Key Largo reefs, but if we wanted to dive reefs, we would go somewhere like Cozumel...Key Largo is booked as part of a visit to family who live in Southern Florida. We go to the Keys for the wrecks. The first dive operator put us down for 2 days of afternoon wreck diving preferred as they had nothing else booked, but said they won't go with just the 2 of us. This kind of surprised me as the last time we dove in Key Largo, this particular operator took only the 2 of us out to the Duane. The second operator could guarantee 1 afternoon of wreck diving, but not either of the wrecks we are wanting to dive (we are open to other wreckss, but we like the SG and the Duane and wanted to dive those wrecks).

Are there any operators that tend to hit the wrecks daily? Except for the one time we were on the Duane alone, our experience has been that plenty of people want to go dive the wrecks. Would even be willing to consider a charter if the rates aren't outrageous. (P.S. - we'd also prefer to dive nitrox, so the availability of nitrox is a bonus and we have our own equipment, except tanks and weights).

Thanks in advance!

Try to talk to Concj Republic Divers. I've dove with them in Jun 2015. They are friendly people. Look for Gary.

I posted too soon. I just found an operator who has daily wreck dives and booked with them.

who might that be..come on and spill the beans.. the suspense is killing me...(smile)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom