Key Largo - Reef Pics and Video Clips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Offroad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
These were all shot from July 9th to July 20th at various dive sites near Key Largo.

Camera used was a Fuji F31fd in a Fuji WP-FXF30 housing rated for 40m.
I used custom white balance, -1/3 stop on exposure and Auto ISO 400. No strobes or internal flash were used, most were in the 25-35fsw range with a few being shallower. The files were resized, autoleveled and a mild sharpening applied only.

Other than some test shots in the local lake these were my first attempt at UW photography. Thanks for all the knowledge thats available here and for the helpfull advice I received prior to this trip. C&C is welcomed, I hope they are enjoyed.

Mark

DSCF0555.jpg

DSCF0622.jpg

DSCF0771.jpg

DSCF0832.jpg

DSCF1173.jpg

DSCF1195.jpg

DSCF1260.jpg

DSCF1301.jpg

DSCF1628.jpg

DSCF1638.jpg

DSCF1651.jpg

DSCF1683.jpg

Nice pics, thanks for sharing.

very nice

Great pictures. They bring back good memories.

nice pics! great to see another Fuji F3x user. It's a great camera for ambient shots. Just a shame the lens doesn't go wider :D

Small C&C...

Too bad you cut off that barracuda's tail. (I've got plenty shots like that as well :D)

On the christmas tree worms, IMHO it would have been better composed if you had framed it slightly higher to include the CTW's on the top.

alcina:
Nice collection of images :) The school of yellow guys is lovely - shame about cutting off the diver's head :wink: - he'd be easy to clone out, though.

Probably never saw him when I took the shot, think I may do just that. I'll be playing around with a number of them in PS when I get time.

pakman:
nice pics! great to see another Fuji F3x user. It's a great camera for ambient shots. Just a shame the lens doesn't go wider :D

Small C&C...

Too bad you cut off that barracuda's tail. (I've got plenty shots like that as well :D)

On the christmas tree worms, IMHO it would have been better composed if you had framed it slightly higher to include the CTW's on the top.

I agree, its a nice camera especially for the $320 (including housing) I spent on it. It really shines compared to other P&S at higher than ISO 200 but 28mm would be nice as well. Too bad a wet wide angle costs more than the camera.

The Barracuda were quite tolerant of me getting very close and on that shot I was just a bit too close. The one on the City of Washington surprised a few divers including my wife when they turned and he was real close.

Thanks for everyone's comments.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom