Key Largo on Memorial Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I need suggestions in Key Largo for Memorial Day weekend for the following three things:

(1) A three bedroom house that will allow small dogs. We normally stay at the Marina Del Mar but their rates are outrageous this time of year. Some place close to there would be nice. We'll show up Thursday night and leave Monday.

(2) A dive boat. We normally went out on Scott Fowler's boat Dual Porpoise, but he has sadly moved to South Carolina. :-( We prefer a 6-pack boat (since there are six of us), and we'll probably want to rent it for four dives a day, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. That's probably going to be an unreasonable expectation. Scott recommended the HMS Minnow, but I don't know anything about them. I admit I have not contacted them yet.

(3) A dive instructor for some PADI speciality dives on our way to Master Diver. Our normal instructor appears to not be available.

Anybody got any suggestions? I'm more concerned with finding a house than a boat or an instructor.

Thanks much!

HappyFunBoater:
I need suggestions in Key Largo for Memorial Day weekend for the following three things:

(2) A dive boat. We normally went out on Scott Fowler's boat Dual Porpoise, but he has sadly moved to South Carolina. :-( We prefer a 6-pack boat (since there are six of us), and we'll probably want to rent it for four dives a day, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. That's probably going to be an unreasonable expectation. Scott recommended the HMS Minnow, but I don't know anything about them. I admit I have not contacted them yet.

Anybody got any suggestions? I'm more concerned with finding a house than a boat or an instructor.

Thanks much!

If the guy you have used in the past is recommending someone, I would take his advice, in fact I would bet that is who he would use if he needed an operator in that area (since he isn't there any more).

Good luck.

LindaBluedolphin:
If the guy you have used in the past is recommending someone, I would take his advice, in fact I would bet that is who he would use if he needed an operator in that area (since he isn't there any more).

Good luck.

Yeah, I'm going to call them. I'm just assuming that I won't be able to reserve them for the entire weekend.

Thanks.

Since the holiday weekend is fast approaching...I would suggest calling the shops that run smaller boats (and have more than one in their fleet). Silent World runs 2 30ft Island Hoppers, but Im not sure what has been reserved yet.

We also have a staff of PADI instructors that could help you with your specialities.

You may want to give Chris or Allison a call.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom