Key Largo Info needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all:

A buddy and I, in our 'young' 50's, are driving down to Key Largo next Friday from New Jersey. We've booked with Silent World and we're staying at Ed and Ellen's. We should be getting in Saturday early evening. We've already booked 5 days of diving with SW starting on Sunday the 15th. We'll probably also dive some afternoons as the week progresses. When we booked a few weeks ago, the SW phone person (sorry I don't remember her name) was very pleasant. She said another group of 5 or 6 six guys are coming down from Chicago area for the same week and we should be diving with them....anyone from here????

Anyway, I can't wait to jump into that warm 68 degree water with unlimited 40'-50' vis....comparing to NJ diving of course.... :)

See you guys at Silent World next week.....!!!!!!

I'll be on one of the boats starting Saturday afternoon doing an AOW for a member of a group from Louisana---and one of those guys is from scubaboard. Im not sure about a group from Chicago.

Pat

Hi Pat....I did say I was 50... :) ...memory ain't what it used to be....

Is there a group of 5 or 6 guys coming in Sunday from "somewhere" that you know of? You do still have two guys from Jersey coming in....right????

I was given a dive schedule for the entire week, but unfortunately I left it in my office. I do remember (I know, I know) that we are diving the Spiegel Grove on Monday the 16th.....

Boy, this thread took a turn - from a question about renting a boat to dive KL to Silent World!

Maybe he should dive w/ you, b/c I still think his renting a boat is a really bad idea!

I agree that renting your own boat is probably not the best idea. Even assuming you are experienced boaters and can safely handle the waters. If not, it's a no brainer. But it's going to be hard for 3 of you to save much money over a multi-dive package at a place like Silent World. Boat will likely cost you about $200 per day plus gas, you might be able to find a better deal and save a little money but you'll add a lot of stress and responsibility. Three people is a bad number. Do not even think about tripling up and leaving the boat unattended while you dive. And you can't take turns without one of you diving solo (bad), skipping a surface interval (bad), or having an extended surface interval (good, but makes for a longer day to get in the dives). When I go out with friends on a private boat, we take 4 people. Two dive while two stay on the boat, when the first two are done the next two splash. Only extends the total day by an hour.

Hi Pat....I did say I was 50... :) ...memory ain't what it used to be....

Is there a group of 5 or 6 guys coming in Sunday from "somewhere" that you know of? You do still have two guys from Jersey coming in....right????

I was given a dive schedule for the entire week, but unfortunately I left it in my office. I do remember (I know, I know) that we are diving the Spiegel Grove on Monday the 16th.....

The group of guys I'm thinking about are coming in Saturday...but I know for a FACT that we are running a Spiegel trip Monday morning! :)

I have to correct myself....and take some memory self help course real quick. I checked my schedule for next week and call SW and spoke with Chris. We're scheduled for a double Spiegel Grove dive on Tuesday, the 17th....

Key Largo, here we come!

Making airline and car rental reservations tonight. If they go thru, Silent World will get a final confirmation E-mail from me and we are good to go.

Can't wait! 103 days, 10 hours, 50 minutes and .... 00 seconds!

Just BUDDYing in,
Hey guys,
I'm in Fla. for a month and heading down to Largo for the same week, I've been here in Myers now for a week+ gear in hand and no diving as of yet, if you need another drink I mean dive buddy-PLEASE-let me know....Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom