Key Largo - Dive Sites, Restaurants, and Topside Activities

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divingjd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife and I will be in Key Largo in January for a couple of days. We have a place to stay and a dive op (Quiescence). I have found a couple of threads here on recommendations for restaurants and dive sites, but if anyone has anything to add, I would appreciate hearing about it. I would also appreciate hearing about any must-do topside activities or sights in the Upper Keys. If it helps with recommendations, we are kid-free boomers (of the younger variety), really appreciate good food of all kinds (doesn't matter whether it's a taco, a fish sandwich, a steak, or something with a name in French, if it's good, we like it), and are not really looking for a party-hearty atmosphere. If you can recommend a good place in Key Largo to pick up a bottle of wine in the $15-20 range, that would be really helpful. Thanks for any help you can provide!

My favorite restaurant for sunsets (and they can be spectacular) is Sundowners. We stop there a lot on our way home from the Keys. Moving south is Snooks. On Plantation Key is Marker 88 and in Islamorada is Lorelei. My wife claims the most romantic restaurant is Morada Bay in Islamorada, where you can eat on the beach. On the ocean side is Snappers on Key Largo and the Island Grill, hidden under a bridge. There are more, but this is a good beginning

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom