KEY LARGO DIVE REPORT, tuesday, 7/15/14,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
WOW, what a difference a day makes. yesterday zero current reported on the deep wrecks, today, the current was screaming! cruised to the bibb/duane this morning: sunshine/clouds/storms, light winds, calm seas, blue water and bad news; the buoys were underwater(rippin current). heading towards the nearest reef, MOLASSES, current was an issue there as well so we continued north to FRENCH reef/BENWOOD wreck to join the fleet of commercial operators. minimal current but as usual the visibility was crap. back south to MOLASSES for clean water and solitude. 1ST dive: buoy M25(logans run), strong NE current, blue viz 60+FT, 85F @ 25-44FT. 2ND: M4(aquarium), lots of current but a super dive site to avoid the flow, viz increasing to 70FT, 85F @ 18-30FT. reef/nurse sharks, snook, tarpon, fun dives despite the current. pics from TIMG,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 64
  • m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    380.3 KB · Views: 64
  • m3.jpg
    m3.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 59
  • m4.jpg
    m4.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 61
  • m5.jpg
    m5.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 56
  • m6.jpg
    m6.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 54
  • m7.jpg
    m7.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 61
  • m8.jpg
    m8.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 58
  • m9.jpg
    m9.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 57
  • m10.jpg
    m10.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 61
  • m11.jpg
    m11.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 61
  • m12.jpg
    m12.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 55
  • m13.jpg
    m13.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 56
  • m14.jpg
    m14.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 55
  • m15.jpg
    m15.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 60
Beautiful pics as usual timg...actually nothing usual about them. Just like being there execpt for that weightless feeling and the bubbles... :) Reefman, did you manage to get your gopro wet at Looe Key? Thanks for the reports and the wonderful pics guys.

Aubrey

Beautiful pics as usual timg...actually nothing usual about them. Just like being there execpt for that weightless feeling and the bubbles... :) Reefman, did you manage to get your gopro wet at Looe Key? Thanks for the reports and the wonderful pics guys.

Aubrey

no I didn't make it south for another dive, the guys won out and went fishing, the winds picked up and then Friday/Saturday the looe key underwater music fiasco(zero mooring balls available). snorkeled newfound harbor instead,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Aubrey
Thank you AdivingBel.

You're welcome, timg. I forgot about the music festival. They are inventive during the "low season" (read rainy season, summer, DIVE season) at coming up with ways to fill a party boat. Sorry you missed the additional dives. I'm sure the snorkeling was nice.

NICE! Thanks for allowing me to live/dive vicariously through you :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom