Key Largo Dive Report July 26/27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Feet1st

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Did a last minute run to Key Largo Friday after work and stayed at Amoray Dive Resort. It was our first time staying there and we were pleased with what we got for our money. We paid for a three night package that included two two tank dive trips. Saturday we dove Horseshoe reef and what the captain referred to as North North Dry Rocks. Viz was about 75 feet and water temp around 84. Got a full hour on each site. We requested a visit to Christ of the Abyss for day two and the captain was more than happy to oblige. The first dive was the Christ statue and the second dive was North Dry Rocks. Viz was not quite as good and there was a wicked current running. My wife is fairly new to diving (about 20 completed dives) and gets a little flapped up when conditions aren't perfect. So after attempting to swim against the current and getting a little winded my wife signaled to surface. Once she gained her composure I suggested we swim on the surface and then drop down on the statue. Once on the bottom we got some protection from the current among the grooves and finished a successful dive. The last dive we were a little worn out (probably from a little too much wine and beer hanging with new found friends at the pool the afternoon before) so we cut things short at 45 minutes. Overall it was a great way to spend a weekend and we were pleased with the Amoray operation. We paid a little extra to get one of the rooms on the water with a patio and hammock. It retrospect, that was probably something we would forego next time as the property is very small and everything is easily accessed, including some nice waterfront lounges and chairs. I've attached a couple of photos shot on the dives.

Attachments

• PICT0322.jpg
    PICT0322.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 62
  • PICT0334.jpg
    PICT0334.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 59
  • PICT0339.jpg
    PICT0339.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 54
  • PICT0340.jpg
    PICT0340.jpg