Key Largo Dive Op/hotels?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Antony

Registered
Reaction score
This is my first post here.. need info on a few ops in Key Largo area, we dove there last summer with Upper Keys at Tropic Vista Hotel, MM 90..great operation but hotel was only OK.. but this Fall there is a larger group, and we were wondering about a little nicer hotel.. maybe Marina Del Mar? or Best Western Suites? Any suggestions?

They use either Ocean Divers or Horizon Divers.. Any info on either of these 2 ops? thanks for your help.

Thanks for the quick reply.. that was a great trip report! awesome pictures too.. I have a call into Sea Dwellers , they were busy and are to call me back. The holiday inn looked very nice on the web site. Thanks again..

My husband and I just got back yesterday from staying a week in Key Largo.. Awesome time!!!! we used Silent World and loved them. Every morning the Captain would ask everyone where they wanted to dive for the day, they didn't give us pineapple or cookies but there service was right on and the boat never full. I'm not sure how big of a group you have but they take a max of 14 divers on each of their boats. (btw.... we paid $189 for ten dives including the Speigel Grove) they do have a web site .... www.silentworldkeylargo.com Our favorites were Captain Bob, Todd the DM and Janet an instructor, and never to forget Rick at the shop.

My buddy and I have used Horizon Divers twice in Key Largo, and we found them to be excellent. He used Horizon one other time as a snorkeler on a mixed boat, and that is why we got certified for scuba.

We stayed at the Ramada the first time, and it was very good. We booked through Horizon Divers and got a rate of $89 for weekend days, less for the weekday. Ramada is within 200 yards of Horizon, and also close to Sea Dwellers.

We were not able to book at the Ramada through Horizon during the Xmas holiday last year. They only book directly and it was a LOT more. We ended up staying at HoJo's and it was less than stellar. It was functional, but not nearly as nice or as convenient.

Horizon Divers and Ramada would be my recommendations, for what it is worth,

Wristshot.

have to vote in for the Holiday Inn- really convenient and nice- bars, resturants etc and dive shops and boats within walking distance
Sea dwellers are good- really nice and friendly- excellent for groups- if not them- Ocean divers are also excellent-I recommend both
If the holiday Inn doesn't work out- try the Ramada too- its actually very nice with a good pool and sandy area overlooking the marina- and also walkable to boats. I'm planning a personal trip back right now :)
enjoy

Antony:
This is my first post here.. need info on a few ops in Key Largo area, we dove there last summer with Upper Keys at Tropic Vista Hotel, MM 90..great operation but hotel was only OK.. but this Fall there is a larger group, and we were wondering about a little nicer hotel.. maybe Marina Del Mar? or Best Western Suites? Any suggestions?

They use either Ocean Divers or Horizon Divers.. Any info on either of these 2 ops? thanks for your help.

When are you arriving? If fall is mid August, I may have great deal in Key Largo near the Holiday Inn and behind Ocean Divers in a 2/2 condo on the water.

Bud

Try Horizon Divers. Top Notch Diver Operation. They also can get you special rates for rooms at the two resorts next door to them.

We stayed here last October:
http://www.oceanpointesuites.com/

The rooms were nice/clean, two bedrooms, two full bathrooms, full kitchen, dining area and living area, breakfast included for $130/night. It was great way to share a room with another couple.

We dove with Diver's City in Tavenier. http://www.diverscityusa.com/ Nice operation, not an over crowded cattle boat. Barb and Bob take good care of their clients. I've heard Capt. Bob is no longer there can anyone confirm this?

Thanks for the offer.. Our dates are in November, 2nd week, and there are 11 divers all together so far.. so I'm thinking we would need more room!
We are looking at either Horizon divers/Ramada or further down with Tropic Vista/Upper keys dive center...in Tavernier

Thanks for all the replies.. it helped alot!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom