key biscayne

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CiXeL

Registered
Reaction score
anyone dove that seawall next to the lighthouse where everyone fishes? anything to see over there?

i saw a few people snorkeling around there too. one of the few areas ive seen where it looks to go right off into deep water.

There's way too many people fishing off of there, you're liable to get hooked. I used to go off the beach by the light house to shoot hogfish in about 12-15 foot of water. Way too many boats these days!!

ive considered going during the week. im presently on unemployment from a layoff so i figure i could get some snorkeling in. i still need to do a refresher dive. ive been going over all my old books and dive videos. i intend to eventually write a book on corals in south florida but thats a ways off. first i need to get fully acquainted with everything down here before i can even think of something like that.

Hello - noticed you chatting about Key Biscayne. I've only been down here a little over a year, and I'm wondering about the sites nearby that are listed un Underwater Florida: Key Biscayne Reefs, Half Moon Preserves, the K.B. Artifical Reef Site. Worth diving?

I'm curious how they might compare to Key Largo diving. If they are decent, I'd consider chartering a boat....

Ryan:
Do you have a link for that page?
Hi Ryan! I got the dive site info from the NHed Deloach book Diving Guide to Underwater Florida. There are a bunch of sites listed right of Key Biscayne with fairly decent reviews, including the DEMA Freighter, sunk for DEMA a few years ago.

The dive boat operation on Key Biscayne seems to only do deep technical dives further out on Miami wrecks. I am looking to set up a few trips for a group of folks that come to K.B. on business. Ideally, we'd dive from a short boat ride from Crandon Marina.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom