Kewalo pipe today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The closer you are the more light your object gets from the strobe = more colors to adjust (depth makes a difference too).

i didn't use it. I just had slower shutter speeds. to tell you the truth, it has never been so bright when I was diving:D , coming from new england and all.

My dive buddy and did the Kaka'ako dive the week before T-day. We went into the harbor from the steps. Yeah, we know it's kind of yucky...but is was 2 awesome dives...actually the best vis I'd ever had there. On the 2nd dive we saw 6 leaf fish, purple, black and white, one giant green lionfish, and one bad blending in frogfish (also giant!). Saw the lionfish and 2 leaf fish on the first dive. What a treat. I've never dove there and not seen something sort of "unusual"...turkey fish, lionfish, frogfish, lots of turtles, freaky dump stuff from the boats. Good place to collect stuff for your aquarium.

ThatsSomeBadHatHarry:
i didn't use it. I just had slower shutter speeds. to tell you the truth, it has never been so bright when I was diving:D , coming from new england and all.

lol...welcome to the land of sunshine :D

How shallow were you when you took the pics?

discdogs:
I've never dove there and not seen something sort of "unusual"...turkey fish, lionfish, frogfish, lots of turtles, freaky dump stuff from the boats.

Exactly! :D

Sorry I missed you guys.

We dove the pipe from a boat, but there were a couple of dive boats out there.

We did get confronted by DLNR Friday night when exiting the Pipe around 9:00pm. Guess they didn't think someone scuba diving off a kayak at the Pipe was doing so just for fun. They thought I was probably excercising my native Hawaiian gathering rights and taking whatever the heck I could poke. 3 game wardens and 1 police officer = one good laugh. '..uh...no. No fish, no spears...well look at the bright side...at least you guys aren't the Coast Guard!...'

The pole fisher-peeps were looking at us like we were on crack.

One yak, 5 divers...

Main thing is we had fun.

It took me 2 minutes to reach the drop zone while taking the other four peeps 10 minutes or so. But the trouble was not worth the one dive.

Glad y'all had such a good dive. I'll try to drop by tomorrow to get some gear tips.

Didn't get to dive with y'all. Didn't get to go on the boat. Why?? Well, my wife was recovered enough from her fall. But, I had what I've been told is the "Oahu Sore Throat". Oh, well.

Ooops, almost forgot. NICE pictures.

lol.. they pro'ly jack'd you 'cuz all the signs at point panic say:
"... body surfers only.. no surfboards, boogie boards, nor kayaks..."

why didn't you drop a trail line and tow your buds :wink:

Because I was afraid they were going to capsize me arse...arrrrrrrrr....

Back
Top Bottom