Kewalo pipe today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rockjock3

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Sounds like the club dive was good.

Roll221, and I met up with Thatsabadhatharry, who just moved to the island on Jan 5th, and dove out at Kewalo pipe from shore.

The dives turned out great. We did a 15 min surface swim out to the white bouy, dropped down and swam west, and hit the pipe in about 2 minutes. The viz was about 60-70 feet today and there were lots of fish out. The water temp was 73 degrees and I gotta tell you, I love that new hood I bought. I was a toasty critter for both dives, which lasted over an hour each. What a difference that makes.

The video housing is great. I made my modification to it and absolutely no problems. My red filter also make quite a bit of difference in the color. It seems to sharpen the video up as well bring the fish out a bit. Not bad for a piece of red plastic gift wrap.

Love the pipe :D I've found some stuff there that I've never had the luck to see anywhere else. The fish habitats over there are cool too.

Where did you get in and out?

i was voluntold to take pictures at a fundraiser sponsored by the owc..
and i inadvertently left the rose lens on for indoor photos =/
oops!.. let's just say the col's wife wasn't too happy =( oh well.

yeah.. did you exit at the west stairs?
did you see the galapagos?
did you go inside the pipe?

We got in/out at the east stairs. Didn't go into the pipe, but have before and wasn't anything to see but more big-eye fish. I was hoping for a Galapagos, but there were none.

There was only a slight current and it was moving to the east.

That was a great welcome dive! I was in a 7/5 wetsuit and felt like I was still in bed the whole dive. Can't wait to get out again

0049.jpg

0043.jpg

rockjock3 and Roll221
0047.jpg

ThatsSomeBadHatHarry:
That was a great welcome dive! I was in a 7/5 wetsuit and felt like I was still in bed the whole dive. Can't wait to get out again

Nice shots. Our buoyancy seems to be coming along. Did you you use a filter or editing on your shots?

Just editing. Those open water shots aren't easy to fix the color. That was the third outing with the new camera and am still figuring out the software.

Looks like you used manual white balance on the first two. That's a nice 7-11 crab :wink:

justleesa:
Looks like you used manual white balance on the first two. That's a nice 7-11 crab :wink:

I shot them all RAW. Did all the color afterwards. I could do the closer shots were for some reason a lot easier to fix the colors than the open shots. I think they may have been considerably shallower, too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom