Kevlacat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

itsjustme0770

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been reading about this brand, but haven't been on one before. I am in the process of finding someone who has one to take a ride, but thought I would see if any of you have been on one and if you have any thoughts or opinions about them.

I'm kicking around the idea of picking one up and shipping it down to Honduras with us. Particularly considering the 28' diesel inboard cuddy set up for diving. Again, any thoughts or real world experience are greatly appreciated.

I'm in Dallas so there aren't local dealers for this line. I'm going to be in Florida in a month or two and will set up a ride then, but I was hoping to hear from some folks for their thoughts on any issues (or likes) aboout the boat in advance.

Thanks in advance for any help.

You know, I posted some similar questions on here a long time ago, but now I can't find the thread. Maybe it was too long ago.

Anyway, I received some feedback from a guy who had owned a cat and used in the the Gulf. He basically said that it sucked and he sold it and got a v-hull. The suckage had to do with the periodicity of the waves off of the TX gulf being short, and doing strange things to twin-hulls in following seas.

Now I don't know if his experience was typical of all cats, or just the model he had, but I thought I would mention this to you, since a test ride off of Florida may not be under the same conditions that you are going to see once you buy.

Personally, I was thinking of booking a trip with these guys, and see first hand.

Let me know what you find out!

A 28' diesel cat would make a nice dive platform - not sure what the sticker price on something like will run though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom