KELVIN GROVE! Who is planning to dive and when.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimi

Registered
Reaction score
I'm just posting this so perhaps we can organize groups and such. Post if you're planning ot go diving at Kelvin Grove any time soon!

Jimi:
I'm just posting this so perhaps we can organize groups and such. Post if you're planning ot go diving at Kelvin Grove any time soon!

I usually avoid Kelvin Grove because the locals don't like us rowdy divers. I have only dove it once and that was because a friend of mine had a local pass so we could park.

It's been a couple of years since I dove it. What have your experiences there been like?

Make that "local". There's just the one incessantly whiny hag that lives right there. As for my experiences, I live there, so pretty damn good. You can always drop off your buddy and all the needed gear at the dive site, drive up, you can ask to park in my driveway, and walk down to the site.

Thanks for the parking offer.

The vocal minority is usually the cause of trivial conflicts like this. I'm sorry that you have to have a neighbor like that but there's usually one in every neighborhood. Too bad this one dislikes divers.

When I dove there I thoroughly enjoyed borrowing my friends parking pass and bypassing her sign.

Jimi:
Make that "local". There's just the one incessantly whiny hag that lives right there. As for my experiences, I live there, so pretty damn good. You can always drop off your buddy and all the needed gear at the dive site, drive up, you can ask to park in my driveway, and walk down to the site.

Have you ever considered talking to your other neighbors, the ones that don't mind people diving there, and maybe getting counsil to open the area back up the the general public again?

Hi Jimi,

A friend and I will definately come out and dive there with you. Not sure when, but soon!!!

Andrea

Well, if you're offering up parking in the area I'll definately let you know the next time I'll be out there! Are you a weekend only type, or...?

It's really unfortunate about the few in the area that make life so miserable for us divers. What IS their problem??? All we want to do is play in the ocean! Apparently it wasn't too bad for a while, but now the last few people that have attempted to dive out there have almost literally been run off by a few rude residents.

It's so sad, because it is a beautiful dive and I did meet some very pleasant locals that stopped to chat when I last dove out there.

I dive more on sunday/monday, when I'm with my dad (a diver). Here's my email, jtbell_04@hotmail.com. Keep me posted.

Also, if you've heard of the cliffs, they'res a good dive site right off it near this little island thing (acessable only by boat) that is pristine. Has lots of brittle stars, rockfish, lingcod, sea pen, tubeworms, and crabs. I even saw an albino sun star (never seen that before).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom