Kelowna Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HybridDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello, Anyone dive the kelowna lake? Its hard to find good divers out here, cheers
Chris

HybridDiver:
Hello, Anyone dive the kelowna lake? Its hard to find good divers out here, cheers
Chris

Looking at your signature I have to wonder why that would matter to you.

Reason why, Its sometimes fun to dive with other people. It gets boring sometimes by yourself, when you see something cool you point it out and no one is there. So sometimes its AWESOME and sometimes it sucks.
Chris

HybridDiver:
Reason why, Its sometimes fun to dive with other people. It gets boring sometimes by yourself, when you see something cool you point it out and no one is there. So sometimes its AWESOME and sometimes it sucks.
Chris
If we're going to talk about solo diving, perhaps we should just change the topic to "jumping out of an airplane without a backup parachute." :D

BTW: By "the kelowna lake" do you mean Okanagan Lake? (the one that Kelowna is basically "on")

Ya, The good ol okanagan lake. Dark but fun to dive!, Lots of cool looking fish and what not. My backyard soon to be living on the water so ill dive everyday, We need more divers. Anyone know divers out here, or want to come for a road trip?
Chris

HybridDiver:
Ya, The good ol okanagan lake. Dark but fun to dive!, Lots of cool looking fish and what not. My backyard soon to be living on the water so ill dive everyday, We need more divers. Anyone know divers out here, or want to come for a road trip?
Chris
One summer, I'd like to see it... what's bottom temp like?

There's a PADI IDC there, so I imagine there's a lot of divers around already -- maybe there's a dive club in place?

Actually coming back to my parents place in Vernon in early May, like to do some diving there before heading to Port Hardy. I've never dove fresh water (except the upper zone of the Kattegatt sea, hehe). Any good dive centers in Vernon or Kelowna?

Hey guys

Its Luke from Dive Zero Video Magazine, based out of Kelowna BC.

Yes, Chris we gotta go diving soon, have you checked out Kettle River past big white? or the train barge? Theres tons of cool dive spots here other than the lake, we can show you.

If you are looking for some dive shops, theres Diving Dynamics in Kelowna, and Serpent Aquatics in Westbank. I would suggest serpent aquatics if you want a shop that doesnt rip you off. We were involved bigtime with Diving Dynamics, the IDC centre, and the course director even left them to join us, the way they do things is unbelievable.

Also if you come to Kelowna, plan to head out to Vancouver and do some diving. If you like, we can take you out to Pavilion Lake about 3 hours from kelowna, where NASA is studying freshwater coral, only 3 places in the world, other 2 are in Nevada and Mexico. Its pretty cool - right off the highway near Cache Creek, caribbean ambience, 70 - 80 ft vis.

Holy awesome, Luke my man. I need someone to help me with my bouyancy and frog kicks. I can tell if im doing it right, Cause the buddies I dive with dont even no what a Frog kick is. When you diving next luke?
Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom