Kayak vs. Inflatable diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess if I were to rent a Kayak I would haul it off and not tell them what I was using it for.... If it drifts off because you did a poor job anchoring it, you pay for it. I cant imagine that they could actually regulate such a thing :)

The problem with all of these rental places is that you can't "haul it off." They don't let you load the kayaks on top of a vehicle-you have to launch from the front of the shop.

Well I guess the next thing to consider is renting one outside of Monterey. I know that Sport Chalet rents them and it is quite reasonable. If you have a truck slap it on there and go for it. Since you are coming from folsom you will be passing at least 3 or 4 stores. They allow you to pick up and drop off the day prior and the day after use as well.

Well I guess the next thing to consider is renting one outside of Monterey. I know that Sport Chalet rents them and it is quite reasonable. If you have a truck slap it on there and go for it. Since you are coming from folsom you will be passing at least 3 or 4 stores. They allow you to pick up and drop off the day prior and the day after use as well.

An action plan!

There is a Sports Chalet few miles away. I believe I will rent one and test it under battle conditions in Folsom Lake before hauling it all the way to the ocean.

Thanks for the idea.

An action plan!

There is a Sports Chalet few miles away. I believe I will rent one and test it under battle conditions in Folsom Lake before hauling it all the way to the ocean.

Thanks for the idea.
The other thing you could do is cut over on 20 and go up to Mendocino County to dive. There a guy renting dive kayaks right at the beach at Van Damme. There's some terrific diving right at the outer edge of the keyhole. Depends on how deep you want to go but it drops off to about 122' right on the outside of the kelp bed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom