Kayak Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Any of you Swampers into kayak diving here in Texas????

It looks so easy but those kayak gremlins always manage to flip me upside down!

Kayaking is actually really easy once you learn all of the strokes. The roll is kinda tricky to learn. I took a class at a junior college. It can give you something to do during surface intervals.

what in the world is kayak diving besides just kayaking?

I think that it could be alot of fun although I haven't done it YET!! (I stress the YET here)!

I would love to give it a try.......I was thinking the $3-400 inflatable.......the challange and physical part would be a good addition to the basic lake diving!!

I've got the kayak and the dive gear but haven't done the two together yet but I'm interested in trying it. My kayak , and I think the vast majority of dive kayaks are of the sit-on-top variety and are not really roll-able but have a depression on the top in which you secure the tank and gear while paddling.

I don't know of any good spots for this anywhere close to me (Houston) but I'd be willing to make a weekend outing if anyone would like to get a trip organized.

chuckm:
I've got the kayak and the dive gear but haven't done the two together yet but I'm interested in trying it. My kayak , and I think the vast majority of dive kayaks are of the sit-on-top variety and are not really roll-able but have a depression on the top in which you secure the tank and gear while paddling.

I don't know of any good spots for this anywhere close to me (Houston) but I'd be willing to make a weekend outing if anyone would like to get a trip organized.

Yep the sit on the top kayak is the only way to go with diving.....try some of your local dive parks there in Houston for a start.....like Twin Lakes.

Back
Top Bottom