kayak diving anyone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the DiveYak 2 person inflatable and it works great! I just got back from Maui with it and it travels perfectly with dive gear. I have a second dive bag with wheels and the yak, pump, paddles, and repair kit fit no problem. It's not a tourer but it's great to get out to kelp off San Diego or around Maui. The whole package weighs about 45lbs so watch your extras when flying.

how long have you own the inflatable YAK2 ?? any problems in terms of durability ??

How long will an inflatable last ??? what kind of maintenance for the boat ?

The Diveyak is almost bullitproof, very well made and lots of d rings for tying off your stuff. Quality is above average and all seams look good. I've had it for 2 months and have 20 dives on it. I'm happy for what I use it for, not for touring, just paddling out and diving. Buy one and have fun!!!

I dive surface supplied from my kayak so I am dragging it behind me with my umbilical letting the kayak carry the tank. You want a sit on top plastic kayak not an inflatable. The more weight it is rated to carry the better but you do not need to limit yourself to kayaks made for diving. I use a Malibu 2 that can be paddled by 1 or 2 people so it can carry more weight than most single kayaks but was not designed as a dive kayak.

anyone that paddle to their dive site ??

Yes, I have.

Is it safe ?? HOw do we tow the kayak ?? reel line ?? anchor ????
Is it safe, safe? No, I dunno, who cares. I would say if one cannot swim the distance they intend to paddle offshore with ease, unassisted, then no. The biggest danger is other boats and especially jet skies.

I tow or anchor. If I tow I have a spool or sometimes I just carry the tiny little anchor and then set it down again.

Inflatable (rubber duckie ??? , durable ??) which brand infatable kayak to buy ??

Any basics website that teaches diving from a kayak ??

I use an Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro TW, fast, carries a load, can carry a second tank in the huge front well. I have been many miles in it but alas have not used it now for a couple of years.

There is a boating section with other kayak discussions.

N

Back
Top Bottom