Kayak Against Cancer June 20 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DebbyDiver

Livin' the dream
ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Save the date! This year's Kayak Against Cancer in Fort Lauderdale will be on June 20. I'm on the committee, and I feel so strongly about this event that I'm taking an annual leave day from work just to volunteer for it. I hope to see every ScubaBoard Conch Kayak Diver at this event! All of the info and forms are at the link and feel free to ask any questions. :D

[FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]What if I don't have a Kayak? [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]You can still participate! Atlantic Coast Kayak (phone: 954-781-0073) has kayaks available for rental the day of the race and will bring them to race location. 50% of rental price goes to KAC. Costs: $54 tandem and $37 single. [/FONT]

Whether you are participating in KAC or not, everyone is welcome to join us for the Kayak Against Cancer Pre-Party that will take place at the World Famous PARROT Lounge on Thursday, May 21st, at 7:00pm EST. For those that can make it - its great fun, and gives us a chance to party, but also get a leg up on registrations. Please bring Registration Applications day of Pre-Party.

Oh *%$#@#$%@! YEAH!! I am OFF that is my SECOND DAY off so I still get my SLEEP day on the 19th and Kayak day on the 20th then another day off on the 21ST!!!--

I almost got banned for using the F u n word but opted for the hagar the horrible #$%@#$ instead.

I know from reading the MANY MANY MANY kayak boards this is a MAJOR KAYUBA event in South Florida. It is a good cause my Aunt and several other family members passed this way. My ex father in law (still very dear) lost several FEET of his intestine and is all clear now.... plus cancer is common in one of (two of) my most favorite play toys!!! ---

Color me PINK and count me in.. where do I sign up and throw the bag of coin??

"KAC 2009 Pledge Form - Use this form to capture information regarding your pledges"

Yikes-- Debby Dear I'm a copper nobody likes me-- can I just sponsor myself-- I guess I could steal a Fire Fighter boot and tell everyone I has a HERO FF and get lots of sponsors... seeign how it is not illegal to impersonate a FF just creepy...

Eric, do you know how to get coffee off an LCD monitor? That was darned funny!

Yes you can just sponsor yourself! You don't actually need to raise money, you can paddle for just your $35 entry fee. Of course the American Cancer Society could put any monies over that amount to good use. I am so glad you will be joining us. Cancer touches EVERY family. THANK YOU!

KEWL-- I'll bring my yak and a donation to help "Save the Ta Tas"

[FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=+1]THIS THURSDAY!!!!![/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=+1][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=+1]Please [/SIZE]plan on joining us for the Kayak Against Cancer [SIZE=+1]Pre-Party [/SIZE]that will take place at the World Famous PARROT Lounge on Thursday, May 21st, at 7:00pm EST. For those that can make it - its great fun, and gives us a chance to party, but also get a leg up on registrations. Please bring Registration Applications day of Pre-Party.[/FONT]

I'll also be there on the 20th to help out and will probably paddle some of the course too. I hope we can get some more members to sign up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom