Kauai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stewr

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Good morning. I am new to diving and to the forum. So I am going to the island of Kauai in the beginning of November. I was wondering if any one could give me an idea of the better dive shops to visit,will I am there.I am thinking of doing some adventure dives will I am there in the warm water.

Cheers. Stewart

Another recommendation for Seasport divers. They're professional, friendly, safety conscious, and thorough. Our DM took the time to ensure that everyone got the chance to see interesting life, had all the information for logs, etc. We did 2 dives with them, including Sheraton Caverns (lots of turtles!). They have a small shop near Kapaa, but the main one is in Poipu.

Originally, we'd booked through Bubbles Below, but canceled as we felt that they were needlessly pressuring us for more business.

I would also consider Fathom Five, if you can go out on their newer boat. I posted a pic of their boat on another thread a while back. Seasport also runs two boats as I recall, I've only been out on their smaller boat but it was a good setup. The main adventure dive is the Ni'ihau trip, but I doubt you'll find someone to go in November unless you get a set of really calm weather. I set up some shore diving with Aquatic Adventures, worth a look if you want some local guides.

+1 for Fathom Five! Good op, and really sweet people. Plus they rinse, and store your gear if you're diving multiple days which I really love!

Have Fun!

I was just there last month. Looked at Seasport and elected to go with Fathom-Five as I needed an op who would clean, dry and store my gear for me, a service which Seasport did not offer.

Dove with D/M: Tobie. Had a great time. 6-pack boat vs. Seasport's larger boat.

No regrets!

+1 for Fathom Five! Good op, and really sweet people. Plus they rinse, and store your gear if you're diving multiple days which I really love!

Have Fun!

I've been out with them before and am here on Kauai now. I hooked with some people that will be diving with them tomorrow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom