Kauai Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

voog

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello All,
I will be in Kauai and Maui over the Christmas holidays. I have seen lots of Maui recommendations on the board, but not many for operations on Kauai. Can anyone recommend dives and operators for both boat and shore dives?

Last edited:
tunnels for north shore beach dives ,but have a guide, lot's of structure,

the south side, boat dives, seaport divers , and aquatic adventures,
Divesite's; ice box,Ambers arches, the west side dive sites are less crowded

For the best dives in Hawaii, Lehu'a rock, 5 fathom rock.

Aloha,

In the winter months the operators will all be going from the south side of the island so keep that in mind when setting up hotel reservations. South in Poipu there are two shops that operate out of the local small boat harbor. I agree with a post I saw earlier that sometimes it's not the shop - it's the divemaster/captain. This always makes booking a little challenging for divers. You should feel comfortable asking about crew experience especially when booking boat trips. It's a transient industry but if you spend a little time you can find some amazing instructors who have spent years underwater hear on the island (and other places you travel of course). There are many small companies here that focus on shore diving and a hand full of full service shops (retail,repair, boat etc..). Sea Sport Divers and Fathom Five in Poipu - and Bubbles Below out of Port Allen. I personally dive with Sea Sport Divers, but have worked with all three companies at one time or another. I try to give an unbiased opinion and will be happy to help with any specific questions you may have. The best thing about your visit time is that the Humpback Whales will be here! It's pretty amazing to have an audio portion to you dives in the winter time!

Well, fire away with any dive/non-dive questions you have. A personal message is sometimes easier to track down and quickens response.

Have a great weekend

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom