Kauai dive operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks so much for all the advice. It is tempting to bring both wetsuits and make a decision when I see for myself.

We dove just last week with Bubbles Below. We did the tour across the channel and dove just off the secret island. The crew were great. We saw sharks, tons of dolphins and several closeups of seals, among other creatures. The trip was long and bumpy on the way back. The boat was rediculously small and uncomfortable. Considering we paid nearly $700 for the two of us to do 3 dives, I have to say I was expecting a LOT more when it came to the size and comfort of the boat.

Fathom Five was a first class outfit when I was there in Feb. Rental equipment in great shape and excellent service.

I would consider shore diving, especially at Tunnells Beach.

I dove with Sea Sport out of Poipu, Excellent service and great staff. I dove with Sabine and Nohi both were great dive guides. Next time I plan to get out to Niihau them, I cannot wait.

Went out with Fathom Five last November on multiple days because we were so happy with them.

Aloha! Bubbles Below offers trips to Niihau year round weather permitting, as well as south shore and NaPali trips. IF you get a chance, it will be one of your most favorite dive experience! Not many seals during the winter, but the humpback whales make up for it! Also the mantas! Kauai will also have lots of "humpies" and have great visions of white tip reef sharks and loads of turtles. I recommend your 7mm suit as the water temp will be around 74 degrees.

Just to report on my trip. I dove with Seasport divers. There were great- very safety conscious and good at spotting critters and pointing them out to the divers. Sheraton Caverns (which I dove 3 times) was awesome as were some of the deeper dives. Captain Andy, Ryan, Nico, and Sabine were all really helpful. My only complaint was no place to stow my gear between dives. And I was really glad that I brought my 7 mm wetsuit.

Back
Top Bottom